Please note time zone parameters listed in job description.
Senior Android Engineer
Remote / Vancouver / Victoria
We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our talented engineering team. You will work with a team of highly skilled developers and designers to build world-class products for our clients. As a Senior Android Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical and career leadership to a small team of Android engineers.
What We’re Looking For
- You have 5+ years of Android development experience with 10+ years of Software Engineering experience
- You have experience leading a team of software engineers
- You have experience at building relationships across teams
- You have at least one app in the Google Play Store you can tell us about
- You’re obsessed with the user experience and understand how to bring a design to life without compromising fidelity
- You’re passionate about ensuring high performance and responsiveness of applications because it leads to the best user experience
- You love to collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship
- Good understanding of software development best practices with experience working in an agile environment
- You think that having your code reviewed and reviewing others code is key part of developing software to the highest quality
The Must-have Technical Skills
- Built apps in Java and Kotlin
- Strong git & GitHub skills
- Up-to-date with the latest and greatest Android patterns and best practices
- Vast knowledge of the Android API, e.g.: activities, fragments, services
- Understanding of the differences between versions of Android SDKs
- You have experimented with various architectural patterns (MV*, Reactive, Clean) and are comfortable explaining the pros and cons of each.
- Experience writing multi-threaded/asynchronous code; solid understanding of process and thread model in Android applications, e.g.: AsyncTask, RxJava, Coroutines
- Deep working knowledge of Google’s Material Design
- Extensive experience with Continuous integration, unit testing and build processes
- Previous agency experience
- You have experience working as a part of a large engineering team
If you have a Github profile or similar, we’d love to see it.
**Remote candidates within +/- 3 hours of the Pacific timezone are welcome to apply.**