Senior Analyst, Health Outcomes Research
REMOTE, UNITED STATES
It’s Time For A Change
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely – 70.3% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2017. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016 and 2017, and one of the 50 Great Places to Work in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is rapidly building a world-class R&D function leveraging advanced evaluative methodologies, data mining tools and analytic techniques (e.g., predictive modeling, optimization), and quasi-experimental and experimental study designs to enable fact-based decision making in care management and care delivery. These analytics inform identification of opportunities, risk assessment, engagement campaigns, population health program design, medical and pharmacy benefits design and incentives, and investment decisions. Collectively, this information is foundational to our innovative delivery system and payer collaboration model.
The Senior Analyst will support the development and implementation of program evaluation and performance research studies. The individual will be actively involved throughout the entire project cycle from conception, to methodology design, to analysis, interpretation and creation of presentation materials. The analyst will also support identification of new product opportunities through collaboration with Evolent’s subject matter experts as well as through close collaboration with market and client facing teams across the organization. The Senior Analyst will have the opportunity to shape team culture and operating norms as a result of the fast-paced nature of a new, high-growth organization.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Research, conceptualize and execute analytical techniques (e.g., statistical analysis, regression modeling, simulation and optimization) to assess opportunity and evaluate impactable utilization and clinical outcomes
- Support the design of pilot programs to test the effectiveness and implementation of new population health strategies. Lead monitoring and evaluation for new and existing initiatives at the strategy, design and implementation phases
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing clinical processes and developing proof-of-concepts to address population health
- Manage and execute on the entire project life cycle, from defining scope, hypothesis forming, data cleaning and preparation of multiple data sources and statistical analysis
- Contribute to the creation of actionable and innovative clinical decision support tools in the company technology platform to improve program effectiveness, increase consistency of care delivered and reduce total medical expense
- Leverage clinical and administrative data to support other business needs related to clinical program improvement, network optimization and other strategic initiatives
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Master’s degree in a healthcare or related discipline (public health, population health, applied research, health services, medicine) with experience in operations research and/or implementation science and quantitative methods(e.g. statistics, simulation, applied math)
- 1 to 3 years of professional experience with SQL, SAS, R, Microsoft Excel (advanced), Microsoft Access (advanced), GIS, or other programming language required
- Experience in quasi-experimental study designs, preferably experience with quantitative and qualitative methods, and ability to strike a balance between rigor and feasibility of implementation
- Experience working with commercially-available analytics tools (including BI tools) and services vendors
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience with program evaluation and/or health outcomes research methodology and execution
- 2 to 4 years professional experience in applied research design, monitoring and evaluation, and/or data analysis at a health plan/payer/insurer, consulting firm, hospital system or public health setting
- Exceptionally strong analytic abilities, with track record of identifying insights from quantitative and qualitative data
- Willingness to develop and explore new approaches, adapt, and execute quickly
- Proven track record of taking initiative and managing processes efficiently
- History of superior performance across various educational and professional settings
- A+ talent, intellectually rigorous and desire to be part of an entrepreneurial organization
- Collaborative working style with the ability to work across different organizations and personalities
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.