Senior Accountant at Scribd
- SAN FRANCISCO OR REMOTE US
- FINANCE & OPERATIONS – FINANCE
At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we build the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.4M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Scribd is seeking a senior accountant. This position reports to the accounting manager and has a specific focus on revenue accounting, international accounting, and content accounting.
- Ensure the correct accounting of our subscription revenue in our general ledger and with a specific focus on unbilled revenue, deferred revenue, and undeposited funds.
- Account for our internally developed content costs in line with US GAAP and internal accounting standards and review vendor contracts relating to content acquisition.
- Ensure the reconciliation of Scribd’s cash balances on a monthly basis specifically the bank accounts that are linked to the payment processors of our online portal.
- Ensure reconciliations are prepared timely, accurately, and completely.
- Assist in the financial audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and working with the external auditors.
- Assist in monthly variance analysis through understanding the financial data within the greater context of the business.
- Work closely together with the financial planning and analysis team in the analysis of the monthly reported revenue.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Communicative: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation.
- Technically Adept: Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- A Problem solver: Takes charge of creating solutions. Able to thrive in a fast pace-setting.
- A Team Player: Believes in Scribd’s vision and prides itself on being part of an exceptional team.
- At least 4 years of progressive working experience in a growing technology company(ies).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent.
- Experience at a publicly-traded technology company preferred.
- Experience using a range of financial systems, e.g. NetSuite.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
- Healthcare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 70% of dependents
- Leaves: Paid parental leave, 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans and milestone Sabbaticals
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion hiring best practices
- Stock Options – every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Flexible Sick Time, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Referral bonuses
- Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- Company-wide Diversity, Equity & Inclusion training
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort Benefit
- Concern mental health digital platform
- Work-life balance flexibility
- Employee Resource Groups that build community and support among employees
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
- Monthly inclusive multi-cultural celebrations & learning opportunities
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!