Remote | Part-time
Fix My Cash Flow
Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license (preferred but not required)
- Big 4 accounting experience (preferred by not required)
- At least five (5) years of full-time accounting experience at a public accounting firm
- At least five (5) years of experience using QuickBooks Online (QBO) to prepare financial statements (QuickBooks Desktop skills are NOT a replacement for this requirement)
- Certified QuickBooks Online Advance ProAdvisor (must obtain this certification within the first 90 days of employment)
- Experience complying with complex invoice submission instructions required by many Fortune 500 companies
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Most or all of the items below describe you . . .
- You’re super detail-oriented.
- You’re upbeat and outgoing. People can hear you smile through the phone. I’m not like that. So, I could really use your help here.
- You’re open-minded, and you accept all humans, e.g., LGBTQ people, Muslims, Trump supporters, immigrants, vegans, and folks who prefer the toilet paper rolled under instead of over, etcetera, etcetera. That’s, of course, assuming the aforementioned individuals aren’t also terrible.
- You constantly look for ways to make things better or more efficient.
- You’re masterful at turning ideas into reality.
- You’re excited to work for an organization owned by an entrepreneur who’s still figuring it out.
- You have exceptional digital organizational skills.
- You care about putting forth high-quality work, e.g., writing in complete sentences, using punctuation, proofreading emails, and double-checking work for accuracy and completeness.
- You’re experienced working in a virtual environment and using modern cloud-based applications.
- You’re able to follow written instructions and offer recommendations for improvement.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- You’re willing to undergo a 50-state criminal background and credit report check.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting operations and ensure work is completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure all financial transactions are recorded in QBO.
- Organize documents in Dropbox.com or other online cloud storage system.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts in QBO.
- Record adjusting journal entries in QBO as needed.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting package.
- Document financial processes and procedures.
- Identify inefficiencies in financial practices and recommend improvements.
- Manage the month-end closing process, ensuring its timely completion.
- Prepare customer invoices using QBO.
- Proactively follow-up on invoices BEFORE they’re due.
- Follow-up on past due invoices on a semi-weekly basis.
- Create and update standard operating procedures of the firm’s accounts receivable process.
- Create and maintain customer records including contact info, payment term info, and specific invoice submission requirements in QBO.
- Comply with customer invoice submission requirements to ensure firm clients are paid on time, e.g., customizing invoices to adhere to purchase order guidelines, registering on customers’ new supplier portals, completing customer-required ACH setup forms, etc.
- Maintain detailed notes of customer communications regarding invoice payment status in AR Collect.
- Record customer payments and credit memos in QBO.
- Assist in month and year-end closing process.
- Attend weekly meetings to go over outstanding invoices and collection efforts.
- Enter vendor bills via Bill.com
- Ensure vendors provide their W-9 prior to issuing their first payment.
- Comply with vendor bill payment policies and procedures and update as necessary.
- Prepare weekly Unpaid Vendor Bills report.
- Create and update standard operating procedures of the firm’s accounts payable process.
- Categorize and tag corporate credit card purchases in Expensify.
- Ensure timely completion of employee expense reports submitted via Expensify.
- Prepare 1099s at year-end.
- Monitor checking account balance to ensure firm clients have the funds they need to pay their bills for at least 30 days.
- 10 to 20 hours per week, depending on work volume.
- Required to work and be available for phone calls during normal business hours, i.e., 9 am to 5 pm ET.
Compensation + Benefits:
- $35 to $45 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Up to two weeks of paid vacation
- Option to telecommute
- Paid time while you receive real-world training led by industry experts