Senior Accountant at Better Therapeutics
- United States
- Full time
Better Therapeutics is a prescription digital therapeutics (PDT) company delivering a novel form of cognitive behavioral therapy to address the root causes of cardiometabolic diseases. We have developed a proprietary platform for the development of FDA-regulated, software-based therapies for type 2 diabetes, heart disease and other conditions. The cognitive behavioral therapy delivered by our PDT enables changes in neural pathways of the brain so lasting changes in behavior become possible. Addressing the underlying causes of these diseases has the potential to dramatically improve patient health while lowering healthcare costs. Addressing the underlying causes of these diseases has the potential to dramatically improve patient health while lowering healthcare costs.
Better Therapeutics’ clinically validated mobile applications are intended to be prescribed by physicians and reimbursed like traditional medicines. Our pipeline includes products for people with type 2 diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure) and hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol). We are currently enrolling our pivotal trial for BT-001, an investigational therapeutic for type 2 diabetes.
We are a well-funded startup, founded in 2015, and headquartered in San Francisco, CA. As of 2020, we permanently shifted to fully distributed (remote) operations.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. This position provides an opportunity to join an exciting team as we build processes and controls for a newly publicly traded company. The Senior Accountant is an integral member of the Accounting team that is responsible for providing accurate financial information and SEC reporting. This role will initially be responsible for all aspects of the accounting function including, accounts payable processing, journal entries, and account reconciliations. As the initial member of the accounting team, the candidate has a unique opportunity to see all aspects of the accounting function and learn in a high growth company.
What you will do
- Process vendor accounts payable
- Reconcile cash accounts on a daily basis
- Reconcile credit card activity on a daily basis
- Prepare journal entries
- Assist with quarterly review and annual financial audit preparation and coordination
- Prepare and review account reconciliations
- Develop, document and monitor internal controls
- Manage month end close tasks
- Support ERP implementation
- Special projects as assigned
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years’ progressively responsible accounting experience
- Critical thinker who can work towards continuous improvement
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- NetSuite accounting software experience is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Who you are
- You are driven by a sense of purpose, and possess a confidence, competence, and willingness to be accountable
- You are fascinated by technology and the way it transforms the way people live and work
- You are not intimidated by the fast-paced, dynamic characteristics of startups
- You know what a growth mindset is, and it embodies the way you live your life
- You are always up for a new challenge, not afraid to fail, and insatiably curious
- You have the intellect to grasp complex ideas, a thirst for learning, and the creative approach to problem solving
- You are a critical thinker, but not critical of others
- You give credit and take responsibility, always defaulting to “we” over “me”
What we offer
We will provide the opportunity to do purposeful work in an ego-free and collaborative team environment. Our culture is infused with passion and purpose, where curiosity is encouraged, conversation is lively and differing opinions are treated with respect. We expect you to make a significant impact. We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Weekly exercise classes
- Access to our product for family members with qualifying conditions
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Better is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!