Senior Accountant at Accruent
Senior Accountant- Remote
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Accounting team:
The Accounting department is a great place for learning and adapting to changes mainly due to acquisitions. They are the guardians of the financial data and assets of the company while working closely with the Finance department. Stagnant is not a word you would describe this team and they are constantly working on projects to improve and automate processes. They work hard but also maintain a fun and light-hearted environment to keep the business running. If you’re drawn to teams being proactive versus reactive, then the Accounting department may be a fit for you.
We are seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to assist with the company’s accounting and revenue functions including reviewing contracts for revenue recognition determination, reconciling complex GL accounts including various deferred revenue accounts, researching and resolving issues and ensuring compliance with US GAAP.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will review current contracts, participate in weekly deal reviews, and participate in the ASC 606 implementation. This position provides excellent exposure to management and great opportunity for upward mobility.
Accruent focuses on growing and developing world class talent. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for revenue, accounting and continuing to grow their skills and career. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy being and helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Revenue and will be a remote/work from home opportunity.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Review Revenue contracts (primarily Hosting/SaaS and Service), sales orders and renewals to determine proper revenue recognition accounting treatment
- Record and/or review revenue transactions in the accounting system
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close activities
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Manage complex accounts that require research in multiple systems and connecting with process owners
- Streamline existing policies, processes, controls, and recommend value-adding changes; initiate, assist, and implement automation whenever possible
- Research technical accounting guidance and propose accounting conclusions
What you bring to the table:
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Excellent project management skills, ability to be hands-on, multitask and prioritize
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong organizational skills
- Ability to make sound decisions based on US GAAP
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to think critically and learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or related field
- Progressive accounting experience, preferably a mix of public accounting/private experiences
- Big 4 accounting preferred
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- SaaS/Multiple-element arrangement revenue recognition experience
- Ability to review and interpret contracts
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Advanced excel skills to create data analysis and take large amounts of data and make it understandable
- Experience with international transactions as well as acquisitions a plus
- Prior experience with Intacct and/or Salesforce is a plus
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.