Security Software Engineer at DoorDash
Title: Security Software Engineer
Location: United States – Remote
About the Role
Come help us build the world’s most trusted on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We’re building a team of great minds to help us secure and maintain a 24×7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s multi-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and drivers.
About the Team
The Security Platform Engineering team is designing and building DoorDash’s next generation of Identity and Access Management for corporate and production systems. To accomplish this, you’ll be joining a team of software security engineers that build internal applications enabling our Information Security team and compliance programs to grow and scale quickly with the constantly changing needs of the business. We lead the way by leveraging automation and integrations with core company critical systems to provide a seamless access strategy, building momentum and velocity for the rest of the company. We also work alongside our engineering and business counterparts throughout the company to solve engineering, compliance and security challenges.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- You will be designing, developing and contributing to internally developed security software solutions focused on streamlining IAM and keeping DoorDash secure at scale
- Interface with third-party API’s to provision, grant, revoke and deprovision users respectfully
- Discover and implement new IAM strategies for use with internally and externally accessed applications, learning from the industry trends but forging our own path
- Maintaining and operating production-grade services enabling the business to grant and revoke access instantaneously
- Collaborating with engineers across the organization to solve engineering, compliance and security challenges and championing security best practices
We’re excited about you because
- 5+ years of experience as a full stack software engineer using Golang and React
- Experience building software in both monolithic and microservice architectures
- 3+ years of AWS, GCP or other cloud provider experience with expertise in infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform)
- Understanding of RDBMs like Postgres and MySQL, NoSQL technologies like Couchbase and columnar databases like Snowflake
- An understanding of the pros and cons of policy-based, attribute-based and role-based access control, and when to use them
- A passion for innovative problem solving, access mapping and improving access controls
- A proven history of delivering highly impactful internal applications
Nice to Have
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Experience using, and more importantly administering, Okta, Google, Slack and JIRA
- Experience implementing compliance control and open cyber-security frameworks
- Ability to digest large repositories of data and clearly communicating your findings
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
The location-specific base salary range for this position is listed below. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
Actual compensation within the pay range will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, skills, prior relevant experience, and specific work location. For roles that are available to be filled remotely, base salary is localized according to employee work location. Please discuss your intended work location with your recruiter for more information.
DoorDash cares about you and your overall well-being, and that’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, for full-time employees, that includes healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan including an employer match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid time off, paid parental leave, and several paid holidays, among others.
In addition to base salary, the compensation package for this role also includes opportunities for equity grants.
California Pay Range:
Colorado Pay Range:
New Jersey Pay Range:
New York Pay Range:
Washington Pay Range:
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more