Security, Risk and Ballistics Program Manager at Everbridge
Security, Risk & Ballistics Program Manager – Consultant
The Security, Risk & Ballistics Program Manager – Consultant will be responsible for identifying the security needs of the company including the construction of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training all employees on the policy, providing ad hoc training to employees, providing consultancy to ensure adequate protection measures are in place for all assignments, and managing inventory of all protective and field equipment.
- Possess the necessary knowledge to maintain, recommend, procure, service, inspect, track, audit, and manage inventory for ballistics and field gear equipment.
- Ability to create and review policy documents such as travel risk management, crisis management plans, equipment/field gear procedures, executive protection SOPs, risk assessment guidance, and evacuation plans for high-risk locations.
- Ability to train employees on policies, procedures, SOPs, usage of field gear, ballistics equipment, HEAT training, surveillance awareness, threat identification and avoidance, and unarmed defensive tactics. Ability to construct customized curriculum specific to the needs of the team.
- Ability to work independently and alongside other security partners to provide personal security guidance, run potential security operations, analyze intelligence resources, and undertake targeted risk assessments for global hotpots.
- Capable of leading independently, this brand-new functional role within the business, putting in place new frameworks and conducting the above activities autonomously and confidently, in line with the business’s requirements and variable needs.
What areas you’ll cover;
- Logistics/Equipment Management; The Security, Risk & Ballistics Program Manager will ensure that the equipment used by the teams is accounted for, maintained properly, and retired when no longer serviceable. This would include inspections of equipment following deployments to ensure readiness for future use. The SOM will also construct an inventory management policy for the equipment. The policy would include check-in/check-out procedures, establishing authorized personnel to draw equipment, and designating specific supply liaisons to oversee equipment on-site. The SOM would leverage the existing inventory management system, designated supply liaisons, and periodic travel to New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, and London to inspect the equipment.
- Consultancy; The Security, Risk & Ballistics Program Manager will provide ballistics equipment evaluations, field gear recommendations, SOP development, personal security guidance, and targeted risk assessments for global hotspots. The SOM will also leverage Anvil’s in-house security and intelligence resources and our global network of partnered security professionals to meet ABC’s information needs. The Security, Risk & Ballistics Program Manager will meet with the team at regularly scheduled intervals and as needed.
- Policy Writing; The Security, Risk & Ballistics Program Manager will generate formal policy documents for various needs. These may include travel risk management policies, crisis management plans, executive protection SOPs, risk assessment guidance, and evacuation plans for high-risk locations. This will also include the standardization of issued equipment to ensure familiarity with specific models of gear across all personnel.
- Training; The Anvil SOM will provide training around the use of issued equipment, via both in-person and remote presentations. This may include short-notice gear walkthroughs for rapidly deploying personnel. The SOM will also be available to provide training on a range of security-related disciplines, including HEAT training, surveillance awareness, threat identification, and avoidance, and unarmed defensive tactics. The SOM will also construct a customized curriculum specific to the needs of the teams.
Ballistics Consultancy – Essential Duties
- Ballistics expertise necessary for proper research, analysis, and procurement of the latest protective technologies
- Ballistics gear training (live and virtual) for team employees in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and London*
- Management of all protective and field equipment to be used on assignments in high-risk locations
- Construction and oversight of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as it relates to ballistics and hostile environments
- * Continuous assessment of relevant policies to identify and remedy gaps
- * Update policies and train appropriate stakeholders on the material
- Provide consultancy on a range of security-related subjects to ensure adequate protection measures are in place for all assignments
- Assist in the day-to-day management of all ongoing, upcoming, and potential security operations
- General Emergency Response Consultancy
- Dedicated and direct phone line to the Security Operations Team
- Specialized medical advice (indirect access to Anvil’s top-tier medical professionals)
Advanced and Specialized Services (good to have):
- CBRN expertise necessary for proper research, analysis, and procurement of the latest protective technologies
- CBRN training (live and virtual) for employees in New York City, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and London*
- Construction and oversight of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as it relates to CBRN
- Physical Security and Emergency Response- on the ground components and assets (i.e. ground transportation, close protection, equipment)
- Advanced medical expertise necessary for proper research, analysis, and reporting
What you’ll bring;
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of security risk management experience
- Five years in program/project management disciplines and delivery
- required 25% travel
- Note: the job description has been revised effective 1.9.2022 to include essential competencies and duties
- As noted this is a contract consulting role with the possibility of going perm in 6+ months
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to security, intelligence, or business development
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a field related to security, intelligence, or business development
- Combat arms military, law enforcement, or executive protection experience
- Professional experience training others in security-related disciplines via remote and in-person instruction
- Professional experience generating policy and writing reports
- Inventory management experience
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our Bridgers join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.