Security Engineer, Operations at Iterable
Title: Security Engineer, Operations
- Location: Remote
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to improve on every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner, and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people worldwide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
How you will make a difference:
Customers trust Iterable with sensitive information, expecting us to safeguard their data. Iterable’s Security team leads security programs across the company to ensure that all systems remain secure to support Iterable’s core values, and to provide assurance to our customers that we will be the good stewards of their valued data. The Security team leads the effort to improve Iterable’s security posture in collaboration with other groups as they develop or launch new features and services. As Engineers, we believe in security through automation. Our footprint spans across the entire company at all levels, throughout the complete development lifecycle. You’ll report directly to the Director of Security Engineering and will focus on our Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR).
You’ll get to:
- Develop detections and response plans for environmentally relevant security concerns
- Work with modern technologies in a cloud-native environment
- Perform investigations into triggered alerts, and tune existing detections based on investigative findings
- Lead response to potential security incidents, and help design and implement remediations
- Work with Product and Engineering to balance security risk with product advancement
- Provide security guidance to partners external to the security team, facilitating company-wide adoption of best practices, and helping maintain open lines of communication
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience providing security expertise and guidance to people external to a security team
- Knowledge of adversarial tactics, techniques, and procedures, and an understanding of how to reliably detect them
- Experience contributing to security projects for at-scale computing environments
- A high level of comfort with incident response frameworks, and experience calmly and blamelessly leading complex security incidents
- A fondness for writing detections and alerts, and mentoring others in investigation and response
- Experience applying security logs or a SIEM to detect, investigate, and respond to events
- Passion for MarTech
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’ve rethought traditional workplace planning and are looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we’ve moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $138,000/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!