Security Engineer at Bishop Fox
Title: Security Engineer (Rust)
- Location: U.S. Remote
Bishop Fox is the largest private professional services firm focused on offensive security. We are the trusted advisors to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and organizations helping to secure their networks, data, and applications. Whether they’re looking to safeguard their critical infrastructure or credit cards; social media or mobile games; flight navigation systems or frozen waffle factories we’re right there, advising every bit of the way.
We’re seeking a Contract Security Engineer skilled in Rust to work alongside our internal team on upcoming projects. This is a contract/temp-term role that is fully remote and open to converting to a full-time permanent role.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do
You are a security minded developer with an advanced understanding or Rust. At Bishop Fox you would be tasked with testing some of the most complicated products and services built with Rust.
As a consultant, you’ll solve challenging technical problems and build creative solutions. As a trusted advisor, you’ll provide your expert opinion to help our clients navigate difficult business decisions.
Why Bishop Fox
Bishop Fox offers flexible scheduling, the ability to work from home, and solid project-based work. If you’re looking for opportunities to grow professionally and be part of our contractor pool, this is the place. You’ll work alongside some of the most talented and experienced security consultants in the industry.
We have a casual workplace environment, but we re consummate professionals.
Your Education and Experience
You just have to be good at and, most importantly, love what you do. Don’t worry about a piece of paper; we won’t. Here’s a list of qualities we’re looking for, but don’t think that you need them all:
- The ability to read & fully understand code in large Rust applications
- The ability to program basic Rust applications
- Familiarity with all the security aspects of Rust and the ability to identify and exploit common security vulnerabilities
- Previous experience encountering high impact security issues in Rust applications
- Familiarity with the Rustonomicon (https://doc.rust-lang.org/nomicon/)
- Knowledge of crypto
- Understanding of security fundamentals and common vulnerabilities (e.g. OWASP Top Ten)
- Advanced relevant academic training is a definite bonus
- Strong communication skills (i.e. written and verbal)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!