Security Engineer at Stitch Fix
DevSecOPS Engineer – SECURITY ENGINEER
at Stitch Fix
San Francisco or Remote (US-based)
Our team is made up of people from varied backgrounds, including engineers who built and scaled organizations like Google, Netflix, eBay, GitHub, and LivingSocial. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. Cross-functional partnerships are deeply meaningful to us and are how we’ve built up immense trust with the people running the business. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Stitch Fix is looking for DevSecOps Engineer or DevOps Engineer with a security focus and extensive experience to help with Platform security initiatives and implement best practices in the areas of infrastructure, network security, and continuous integration/delivery, as well as compliance and policy.
The individual in this role will be part of the Security Team and work closely with the various Platform and Development teams. The candidate should have strong experience with systems, container technologies, and deployment and integration patterns in a production environment.
Our team members are given a great deal of autonomy in the pursuit of keeping Stitch Fix secure, and the successful candidate will demonstrate strong communication skills. They should be comfortable and productive, working independently, partnering with a larger, highly distributed engineering team.
We’re looking specifically for folks who emphasize usable security. Stitch Fix is a fast-growing company, and our security program needs to be able to keep pace with that growth while not disrupting innovation.
REQUISITE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Your skills are broad – implementing cloud and on-premise solutions for various application architectures, scripting, database, and other data services, and you easily transition between those and handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Capable of working with common CI/CD technologies
- Knowledge of common development practices and tools
- Experience with Docker or LXC (Container Technologies)
- Solid understanding of networking and RDBMS/Database technologies (Postgres, MySQL, RDS, Redshift)
- Expert knowledge in AWS
- Strong experience and understanding of Terraform within an AWS environment
- Strong Linux administration and scripting experience
- Minimum of 4 years supporting production environments
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include:
- AWS / ECS
- HashiCorp Terraform
- AWS / Lambda
Even if you already have experience with these tools, you’ll have the chance to get even better with them. And if you don’t already use at least a few of these tools, we will help you learn and become effective with them.
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE…
- YOU ARE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT TECHNOLOGY. You will collaborate to build solutions using the appropriate tools and contribute to design and architecture across multiple systems. You want to build on your experience and help us to adopt new technologies. You’ll learn from us, and we’ll learn from you. You care deeply about the experience you are delivering.
- YOU HAVE A PRODUCT-FOCUSED MINDSET. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems. Your team members and business partners will seek out your opinion on how the product you’re building should work. You aren’t afraid to dig deep and ask the tough questions of our customers, company, and executive team.
- YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DEVELOPING YOUR LEADERSHIP QUALITIES. You should believe in what you’re doing and inspire others around you to be their best selves? Do you feel ownership of the projects you are working on?
- YOU HAVE DEEP RESPECT FOR YOUR CRAFT. We are dedicated to building software sustainably, using modern techniques. You’re always looking for more and better ways to write software, and enthusiastic about sharing them with your team.
- YOU ARE RESPECTFUL, EMPATHETIC, AND HUMBLE. We want you to take your work seriously and be open to personal and professional growth. Successful engineers show everyone respect and consideration.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE…
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Have sunny offices in downtown San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX and Pittsburgh, PA, or your home 🙂
- Full support for remote work—and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!