Section Editor – Theology Cataloging Bulletin at American Theological Library Association - ATLA
Section Editor Theology Cataloging Bulletin
Hiring Institution:Atla Open Press
The Theology Cataloging Bulletin (TCB), a quarterly publication of Atla Open Press, contains information about new and changed Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH) and Library of Congress Classification (LCC) numbers compiled from the Library of Congress’s monthly lists of newly approved additions, deletions, and changes in subject headings and classifications. It also includes upcoming training opportunities, a bibliography of recently published articles, as well as other information of interest to religion and theology catalogers.
Section Editors work collaboratively with the Editor in Chief to produce four issues each year, presently January, April, August, and October.
Based on candidate recommendations from the Editor in Chief, the position is appointed by the Executive Director for a three-year term, with reappointment possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and writes content for specific sections of the publication as assigned by the Editor in Chief, current publication sections include:
- Lists of new and changed Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH)subject headings and genre/form terms
- Lists of new and changed Library of Congress Classification (LCC) numbers
- Upcoming training opportunities, a bibliography of recently published articles, and other information of interest to religion/theology catalogers
- Participates in regular online meetings of Editorial Board
- Promotes the publication to prospective authors and readers
- Maintain Atla Individual or Retired membership during term(s)
- Participation in the Technical Services Interest Group
- Experience with cataloging religious studies and theological materials
- Capacity to work collegially
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Theology Cataloging Bulletin and its function within and beyond the Atla community
- Background of involvement with Atla, including its committees, Annual Conferences, programs, or other activities
- A modest honorarium is paid with the publication of each issue
- Atla covers all expenses for meeting-related costs (travel, phone/online meeting platform, webcams, etc.)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!