Secondary English/Language Arts Teacher, 2019-2020 School Year
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it will deliver online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
International Connections Academy is an accredited, online private school serving students in grades K–12 throughout the United States and abroad. Recognizing individualized instruction as the key to student academic and personal success, iNaCA’s highly trained, certified teachers offer instruction tailored to each student’s strengths and challenges using an award-winning computer-based curriculum, real-time instruction, and time-tested course materials from leading publishers.
Working from your home office, certified iNaCA teachers will “virtually” integrate state-of-the-art instructional tools and curriculum to engage and instruct while individualizing lesson plans and instruction to each student’s needs. Through the use of the telephone, Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes his/her instructional program.
The Secondary English/ Language Arts Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Complete all grading, updateprogress reports and conduct required school year contacts in a timely manner;
- Support the instructional program through close progress monitoring, frequent communication with students and families, and synchronous instruction;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with students and parents);
- Communicate with parents, students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update success plans, provide feedback on student work, suggest instructional approaches and strategies, monitor completion of assignments and supportspecial projects;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the teachers;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s K-12 curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which responsible;
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects;
- Communicate regularly with parents, students, and colleaguesthrough use of computer and telephone;
- Keep student records and data up-to-date, including cumulative files, online student and family information, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Consult with other teachers and staff to develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to students’ programs to increase student understanding;
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and maintaining a “school community”; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position for the 2019-2020 school year, starting ASAP.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach Secondary English 6-12 in any state
- Previous online teaching experience is a plus
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours, as needed to support some families
- Availability to work a consistent daily schedule Monday thru Friday; 8 hours daily during peek student hours per school requirements
- Masters Degree preferred