Salesforce Technical Architect at Rackspace
Salesforce Technical Architect
Remote, United States
As a Platinum Salesforce Implementation Partner, Rackspace is focused on implementing technology solutions that are simple to use and provide powerful information that drives our clients’ business. Our methodology is based on business process engineering and optimization, employing a Process First, Technology Second® approach to solving business problems. Rackspace’s passion for helping clients better market, sell, and service their customers is essential and what has distinguished us from competitors.
Rackspace is seeking a full-time Technical Architect to join our team in a client-facing role that combines technical responsibilities and traditional consulting elements. The Technical Architect will be involved in the post-sales, implementation stage of Rackspace’s services and solutions and act as a technical adviser in the pre-sales/discovery process.
The Technical Architect will deliver Salesforce solution definition, implementation, customization, integration, and managed services for clients which will include, their responsibilities will include but aren’t limited to the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of overall system architecture; a TA needs to be able to understand how systems that we interface with work and how they would relate to SFDC, such as ERP systems, Apps, and other CRM systems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Salesforce platform; stay up-to-date on new SFDC products.
- Leverage understanding of business drivers for professional services projects when defining required features and mapping Salesforce features to business processes.
- Design customized solutions and execute the solution by leveraging SFDC and other toolsets.
- Assess clients’ business processes and suggest improvements and efficiencies for the overall solution being provided.
- Demonstrate understanding of business drivers and how they influence the Salesforce design.
- Assist in defining required features and mapping Salesforce features to client business processes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of data modeling, relational modeling and manage the mapping efforts and own the migration/integration workbook.
- Create and maintain system-related documentation, such as business requirements, process flows, data maps, configuration worksheets, etc.
- Establish and build a rapport with clients throughout the project lifecycle to identify areas of future business.
- Train clients on Salesforce in relation to their business processes and best practices while reviewing other developer’s training prep.
- Tactfully work with clients to address out of scope requests and coordinate with Project and/or Engagement Managers to re-align expectations or seek additional scope/budget.
- Collaborate with a team of Project Managers, Salesforce Developers, and Engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs with consideration for the client’s business process and potential constraints (budget, timeline, expertise, etc.).
- Ensure timely delivery of committed services with a consideration of customer satisfaction and troubleshoot client escalations.
- Engage with customers on additional requirements and business needs
- Develop complex workflows and assignment rules to automate manual processes.
- Validate the development and configuration work to ensure it meets the project’s criteria.
- Work with business development to establish project estimates and milestones.
- Provide pre-sales support by driving deeper-level technical requirements during the sales process in order to scope and estimate the project.
- Review the code done by current team and by previous teams in order to assess the impact on the Salesforce org.
- Manage a development team on larger projects providing oversight and leadership through the entirety of the project; this could include client-side team management.
- Critically evaluate the risks that cause project issues, proactively surface these issues, and develop mitigation plans.
- Perform research on systems other than Salesforce and design/advise on the overall business needs of the solution.
- Follow and contribute to the REWay methodology including use and enforcement of standard documentation etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- Five (5) plus years of Salesforce Development experience.
- Five (5) plus years in a consulting environment.
- Extensive background with Salesforce development: Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning components on the Force.com platform.
- Understanding of overall Lightning architecture is a must.
- Salesforce.com configuration, integration, and application design skills.
- Background and knowledge with other CRM software applications.
- Ability to turn business requirements into design specifications.
- Ability to develop and implement new functionalities, changes, and customizations on Salesforce applications.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of all aspects of a business including marketing, sales, motor processing, operations/fulfillment, accounting, inventory, product development/management, etc.
- Ability to accurately predict the time required to complete development tasks; adhering closely to development plans; and anticipating changes to a product specification or schedule as they become necessary during a development cycle.
- Experience creating process and business flow diagrams, use cases, storyboards, and training documents.
- Experience in Object-oriented programming design (OOP).
- Knowledge of database management systems: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, or other databases with SQL coding experience.
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Apps is a plus.
- Experience with Heroku development utilizing Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, or other languages is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of frameworks, analytics, programming languages, design, databases, and operating systems.
- Experience working with Agile, Waterfall, or similar SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Clear and direct communication skills to manage client expectations and with other members of the project team to manifest business requirements into technology.
- Understanding of Data Migration and Data Integration tools and design strategies.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management or equivalent field is preferred.
- Required Certifications: Administrator, Platform Developer 1, Sales Cloud Consultant, and Service Cloud Consultant; at least 1 technical path certification and at least Mountaineer Trailhead Status.
- CPQ, Community Cloud, Field Service Lightning, Platform Developer 2, Data Integration Vendor, and Mulesoft Certifications are a plus.
- Must be able to perform the basic functions of the job.
- Candidate must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!