Sales Development Representative (SDR)
REMOTE · California, United States · Sales · SDR-01
NOTE: This role is remote-only, and you need to be living in, and have a right to work in, one of the following countries: USA, UK, Germany, France or Ireland. We are mostly based in the UK however, we are growing a small team of Sales and Product staff in California.
Dotscience is a startup founded in 2017 and funded by DDN, the world’s largest privately-held storage company.
Our mission is to build an end-to-end data science platform that holds AI accountable for its decision making.
We work across the UK and USA as a fully-distributed team, collaborating through GitHub, Slack, Google Hangouts and Google Docs.
We are focused on bringing trusted AI to the most ambitious and impactful companies on the planet today, allowing them to innovate safely and rapidly.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative who can help us build meaningful relationships with the biggest names in AI, seeking out pilot and sales opportunities, and representing our mission of making AI development safe and efficient. This will involve in-depth profiling and networking with a limited number of companies. We have a small but wonderful team of sales representatives who you will work with, and an awesome sales coach who you will get access to in weekly sales coaching workshops.
The role is salaried, not commission based.
Aims of the position
- Reach out to potential customers and partners who have never engaged with Dotscience i.e., cold prospecting.
- Nurture leads who have shown interest in our solution and have already engaged with Dotscience through its marketing channels.
Core job description
Your day-to-day tasks are likely to require you to:
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential prospects through cold calls and emails
- Present our company to potential prospects
- Identify prospect’s needs and suggest appropriate products/services
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) customers and Sales Executives
- Report to the rest of the Sales team on sales pipeline status
- Proven work experience as a Sales Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or similar role
- Experience in a technical role
- Experience in the data science industry
- Experience working in a large tech company
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Enjoys building relationships
- A preference for being organised and dependable.
- Keen to learn and share knowledge.
- A tendency to question things, to be critical and enquiring.
- Comfortable with change and pragmatic decision making.
- Happy to work under time pressure occasionally.
- Able to manage own time.
- Know when to ask for help or input.
- Know when to give feedback to others.