Sales Compensation Specialist at Mixpanel
Title: Sales Compensation Specialist
Location: San Francisco, Remote
Mixpanel is a leading product analytics software company, currently helping the world answer 81 million product questions every year. Our pioneering event-based tracking solution gives product teams the ability to gain insights into how to best acquire, convert, and retain their users across web and mobile platforms.
Powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use, Mixpanel enables teams to learn from their user data and innovate rapidly in creating winning products. Today, we serve nearly 7,000 paying customers through seven offices globally in our quest to provide the most in-depth product analytics that everyone can use and trust.
About the Role
Mixpanel is seeking a self-directed commissions specialist who will be a key player in supporting Mixpanel’s sales commissions process. This position will be responsible for monthly processing of commissions, the maintenance of our existing commissions system in CaptivateIQ and will report directly to the Sales Finance Manager. They will own the bookings validation process to ensure that all bookings are closed in line with company policy. They will work cross functionally with sales, sales operations and finance to ensure accuracy and timely execution of new sales rep onboarding and compensation plan changes. The role will also be responsible for addressing any commission related questions from sales reps and managers.
About the Team
Salescomp at Mixpanel has been a two person team and is expanding to three people with this role. The Sales Finance Manager and Sales Compensation analyst run the CaptivateIQ commissions system and deal audit for over 100 individual Sales reps on a mix of monthly and quarterly compensation plans. The team works on a daily basis with most other departments in the company – Finance, Sales, HR, Accounting, Sales enablement etc. This specialist role will report to the Sales Finance Manager initially and be junior to the Analyst, assisting them in all areas of the audit.
- Calculate, administer, and submit monthly commissions payouts & accruals within specified deadlines.
- Validate and audit monthly bookings for accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Troubleshoot and resolve commission issues in a timely, and customer centric fashion.
- Play a key role in the running and troubleshooting of compensation plans in CaptivateIQ.
- Provide guidance and training to sales teams on commissions plan structures, reports, policy, and other relevant processes.
- Support accounting with audit requests related to commission payouts
- Provide ad hoc commission analysis and reporting
We’re Looking For Someone Who Has
- Bachelors or equivalent degree
- Excellence in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel (formulas, vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables)
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and the building of processes which self-correct to avoid errors.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while demonstrating the ability to improve business processes.
- Prior finance or accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with SFDC/CaptivateIQ/Docusign applications or any other commissions applications a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
*please note that benefits and perks for contract positions will vary*