Risk Adjustment Coder
Risk Adjustment Coding
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions, an industry leader in Health Information Management (HIM) and Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions, is seeking highly-motivated individuals with a passion for excellence & collaboration, for careers in the healthcare industry.
Job Title: Risk Adjustment Coder
Reports to: Director, Payer Solutions
GeBBS Healthcare Solutions is seeking Full-Time Risk Adjustment Coders who can commit to working 40 hours/week. The primary responsibility of the Risk Adjustment Coder is to confirm any risk adjustment error findings. Codes will be assigned based on medical record documentation, originating from the provider of service, and in alignment with date of service selected in sample.
This is a remote role where you will work out of your home office.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Confirm all risk adjusted diagnosis codes from acceptable provider documentation and in accordance with industry standards for coding and reporting.
- Adherence to current industry standard, as defined in the ICD-9, or ICD-10 guidelines for coding and reporting.
- Confirm accurate entry of risk adjusted codes into proprietary software or database as defined by project and client scope.
- Assist in drafting an audit summary report according to GeBBS standards and in accordance with client needs.
- Must be able to meet productivity standards as assigned by GeBBS and the specific client deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain 95% accuracy and completeness in ongoing quality assurance reviews as required by GeBBS internal QA policy.
- Must agree to all corporate security and privacy policies in accordance with the GeBBS Compliance policy.
- Additional duties as necessary to meet the obligations to our clients.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualifications: AAPC or AHIMA coding certification required(apprenticeship credentials are not accepted at this time)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience required abstracting risk adjusted codes from acceptable medical record documentation.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and ability to research coding related questions.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific surgical and medical specialties as assigned.
Why Work at GeBBS?
GeBBS delivers a people-oriented, equal opportunity culture that supports a friendly work environment, innovative ideas, and a benefits-rich employee package.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401K Eligibility
We provide strategic solutions to an expanding customer base of healthcare providers, and medical billing companies. With a current staff of over 6,000 professionals, GeBBS is a 10-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the nation’s fastest growing companies.
People are our greatest asset is much more than just an expression to GeBBS. We make every effort to foster an environment where our teams can find an ideal balance between work and fun. Employees at GeBBS believe in being client-centric, open and ethical, innovative, and outcome-driven.
Equal Opportunity Employer
GeBBS is an equal opportunity employer and believes in creating a supportive and diverse workplace. We want to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, the Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate.