Revenue Operations Manager at Kensho Technologies
Revenue Operations Manager
Location: US National
REMOTE – REMOTE
SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – SALES
At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products. We produce a suite of AI-powered solutions that solve the challenges of the largest, most successful businesses and institutions, helping them make sense out of a world full of messy data.
Kensho’s nascent, but heavy-hitting Business Development team is responsible for shaping and executing the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Kensho’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) toolkit. We work closely with the S&P Global Market Intelligence commercial organization, serving as product specialists to drive additional value for existing S&P Global Customers, while also identifying new business opportunities. In this role, you will enjoy the rich and intimate culture of a start-up company, while also benefiting from the extensive resources of a large global corporation.
As a Revenue Operations Manager, your primary objective is to enable rapid acceleration of Kensho’s revenue growth—while also preventing any rapid declines. You will be responsible for (1) enhancing visibility by providing measurable and actionable insights into the end-to-end revenue generation process, from inbound leads all the way through billing, fulfillment, and customer support; (2) increasing the velocity of sales cycles through process automation and training of relevant stakeholders; and (3) enabling scalability of deal volume by implementing simple, flexible, and reliable tools—whether developed in-house or procured from third-party vendors.
You will often serve as the “eyes and ears” of Kensho’s Business Development team and function as a power vector to further enable the wider S&P Global commercial organization. Initially, you will identify & realize opportunities to facilitate cross-organizational system and process integration. Longer term, you will professionalize and further enhance the sophistication of Kensho’s revenue-centric processes and analytical capabilities. This role places a heavy emphasis on balancing broad-scoped operational awareness and deep-diving analytical excellence.
Unlike a more narrow-scope sales operations or pure operations role, the Revenue Operations Manager is not just a user, but also a designer of internal systems and processes—necessitating a greater amount of technical expertise. In exchange, you will be afforded a great deal of discretion to recommend and implement system improvements.
At Kensho, we believe in flexibility first, and give our employees the opportunity to work from where they feel most productive and engaged (must be in the United States). We also value in-person collaboration, so there may be times when travel to one of our Kensho hubs (NY/DC/MA) will be required for team meetings or company events.
This is a Good Position If You Are:
- Commercially minded with a flair for operational excellence
- Comfortable wearing many hats and enjoy the responsibility of crafting end-to-end processes
- Always asking, “How can this process be optimized and/or automated?”
What We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of Revenue Operations and/or Customer/Sales-focused Business Intelligence experience
- Previous experience supporting sales enablement or customer-focused functions
- Strong executive presence with excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Detail-oriented and data-driven mindset
What You’ll Be Doing:
- We don’t expect you to be able to execute on all of the following from Day 1. You’ll be involved in informing and implementing many of our growing systems and processes, and our culture of support and continuous learning mean that you’ll have lots of help along the way—while helping others at the same time.
- Identify synergy opportunities between S&P Global’s Salesforce and Kensho’s billing, fulfillment, and CRM systems—optimizing for cross-organizational collaboration between commercial teams
- Formalize and streamline touch-points across Kensho’s fulfillment system including users, products, rates, limits, pricing plans, etc.
- Ensure the Kensho sales pipeline remains up-to-date by regularly checking in with Kensho Business Development and S&P Global Sales
- Conduct stakeholder interviews with relevant Kensho and S&P Global functions such as Business Development, Finance, Legal, and Operations to identify pain points and inefficiencies in existing processes to assess opportunities for automation
- Develop sales enablement tools such as automated pricing calculators and pricing schedule documentation for streamlined proposal approval, contract development, and services fulfillment
- Compile competitive intelligence on alternative product pricing & service models through feedback from product managers, Kensho business development, and SPMI sales reps—make recommendations to tweak pricing strategy & approach
- Develop KPIs and create visibility into success metrics via recurring reporting on “front-, middle-, and back-office” revenue functions including: lead generation and conversion (front-office), pipeline analysis and forecasting (middle-office), and closed-deal service usage, service-level agreement (SLA) terms, billing, fulfillment (back-office), etc.
- Work with Kensho Finance to ensure invoices accurately represent customer SLAs, keep track of outstanding customer invoices, and help mitigate high-risk accounts receivable
- Validate data quality in CRM to ensure accurate bookings, deal data integrity, revenue tracking and forecasting
What Really Gets Our Attention:
- Previous experience working in B2B or B2C SaaS-focused companies
- Experience working with a broad suite of tools including CRMs (HubSpot and Salesforce), Business Intelligence & Analytical Visualization (Salesforce Einstein, Metabase, Power BI, Tableau), Billing Systems (Stripe, Zuora), ERPs generally (Oracle), and cloud-computing services (AWS)
- Experience overhauling and migrating CRMs is a plus
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 26 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events