Remote Restaurant Bookkeeper / Accountant
botkeeper is a virtual robotic bookkeeping platform transforming the accounting industry. By the end of 2018 botkeeper was named a Cool Vendor in AI by Gartner, one of BostInno’s Coolest Companies, and one of Business Insider’s Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On in 2019. botkeeper is truly the future of bookkeeping!
botkeeper, a progressive software company with over 1000 clients in its early stages of growth automating financial bookkeeping, brings the next wave in machine learning and artificial intelligence technology to an important and critical aspect of any business. All companies struggle with bookkeeping, prone to error and human inference along with agonizing data entry, reconciliation, and general upkeep in financial bookkeeping. botkeeper performs all associated tasks not limited to entries, tracking and schedules of revenue, deferred expenses accounts for payroll, reconciliation of bank accounts, and sending invoices to clients. Now scaling, we are bringing in the world’s best talent to achieve the true future of bookkeeping.
We’re looking for an organized and driven Bookkeeper/Accountant with extensive restaurant experience to join our growing team at botkeeper. The Accountant position will work closely with their assigned clients and other operations personnel and handle the day-to-day bookkeeping. This position requires a qualified individual to handle, prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our clients’ businesses in the food industry.
- Full month end close for cash basis clients including review month end financials
- Majority of month end close for accrual basis clients
- Prepare and maintain workpapers
- Process payroll and record related entries
- Retrieve bank statements for month end reconciliations
- Light collections work
- Bill pay
- Review GL for errors
- Prior experience in restaurant accounting
- Embrace and enjoy working with new technology
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop, with a good working understanding of most components within both (QBO Certification Required and QBD Certification Preferred)
- Willingness to learn additional accounting platforms such as Xero, Sage, Intacct, NetSuite, etc. (Additional certifications preferred)
- Consistently positive attitude
- Experience doing a significant portion of the monthly close (Experience managing full month end close cycle preferred)
- Professional written communication required
- Reliable and detail oriented
- Fast and efficient
- Can manage time and tasks effectively in a work from home, results driven environment
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Experience and comfort with both cash and accrual basis accounting
Competitive compensation, healthcare, and PTO. Additional benefits include annual company retreat, opportunity for growth, amazing colleagues to collaborate with, and bots, lots of bots…lovable and wicked smart bots.