Researcher, Reporter – Agricultural Supply Chain at OTR Global
RESEARCHER/ REPORTER – AGRICULTURAL SUPPLY CHAIN
OTR Global’s Cyclicals group has an established reputation for identifying agriculture market inflections, and is looking for an agriculture supply chain researcher to join its global team. This individual should have a firm grasp of how various subsets of the agriculture market operate, including familiarity with the protein, dairy, seeds, crop protection, fertilizer, farm equipment and precision ag markets. Candidates with previous experience in agriculture and an established network of industry contacts are preferred, as the key responsibilities of this role will include conducting in-depth phone interviews with industry participants. The individual in this role will work closely with senior researchers in the group to provide relevant and timely marketplace intelligence for both the global investment and agriculture communities.
This is a telecommuting, hourly position – preference will be given to candidates living in or originating from communities with significant agriculture presence.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong background researching, analyzing and/or writing related to agricultural markets; prior industry experience or related educational background preferred but not required (agronomy, ag economics, ag journalism, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the agriculture industry or experience in journalism or research on ag topics.
- Ability to leverage candidate’s existing network of appropriate industry contacts, as well as develop new sources across various agricultural markets.
- Understanding of the key trends shaping the agriculture industry today, and an ability to identify inflections in those trends.
- Well developed, positive communication and interviewing skills; ability to “connect the dots” and clearly articulate research findings to an audience that thrives on simplicity.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, proactive thinking, ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and work under pressure; schedule flexibility a must.
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude, self-motivation and confidence.
This is a telecommuting position.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!