Research Writer at Humane Society of the United States - HSUS
Research Writer, Prairie Dog Coalition
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Research Writer for the Wildlife department. The main responsibility of this position is to compile data from completed research and write final report(s) for publication on the efficacy of certain methods of non-lethal translocation of imperiled prairie dogs.
This position will be responsible for:
- Drafting research reports and documents to show that the translocation method is successful and submitting to the Prairie Dog Coalition (PDC) Director for review and approval;
- Compiling, organizing, and analyzing data collected from research completed for specific projects;
- Working with the PDC Director to get finalized research documents published;
- Working with the PDC Director to distribute published findings to wildlife agencies.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in wildlife biology or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience required;
- Field work on translocation of prairie dogs or equivalent experience required;
- At least two years of data compilation and research writing experience required;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of best practices in research writing;
- Must be organized with an ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy;
- Must be able to work well independently, and as an effective team member.
This is a remote position
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!