Research Operations Manager at CircleCI
Research Operations Manager
- Remote (United States or Canada)
As our first Research Operations Manager your primary goal is to enable the growing ranks of teams doing research. To that end you will work with processes, tools and stakeholders to improve research efficiency and throughput. The role is tasked with developing, measuring, testing and implementing initiatives to enable ease in research logistics, storage and retrieval. As the Research Operations Manager you will be a key partner, empowered to do everything you can to make the process of doing research at CircleCI accessible to all practitioners.
The Research Operations Manager will work closely day-to-day with their primary stakeholder, the Research Team.
About Research at CircleCI
In addition to a dedicated research team, we encourage our designers, product managers, marketers and more to do research. Our research practice is focused on understanding the practice of modern software development and empowering teams to ship code quickly and safely. As a leading CI platform, we are in a unique position to change the way development teams turn code into software and we do that by building a deep understanding of the people who work across all areas of CircleCI’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Lead service design of the full research participant experience including communication, scheduling, and incentives
- Grow and promote the CircleCI research panel through advertising, blog posts, forums, and other creative methods
- Work with product teams to recruit and manage their research study participants
- Create and own a system for tracking individual participation across studies
- Ensure data privacy of our participants
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to build our system for inputting, storing and retrieving research findings
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years work experience in a research setting or coordination work in the tech industry
- Process-savvy with a passion for planning, tracking, organizing logistics, and documentation
- Familiarity with UX research methods, and their role in product development, with an emphasis on participant recruitment tactics and strategies.
- Values working closely with User Experience researchers and designers
- Work experience coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying levels of complexity concurrently; working across diverse timezones and cultures.
- Comfortable with UX research software, such as Qualtrics, Salesforce, Amplitude, Mailjet and Figma; experience with relevant project management tools, such as JIRA or Asana.
- Past experience in lab/research management
- Understanding of quantitative methods, behavioral analysis, and statistical concepts
- Experience working on distributed teams
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience driving results with Developer Tools
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, PolySci, Econ, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, or a related field
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!