Global Benefits Research Manager
United States, IL, Virtual
Aon is looking for a Global Benefits Research Manager
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Risk Solutions in Chicago, IL or any state within the U.S.
Your impact as a Global Benefits Research Manager
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for doing great work at a high level of engagement, detail, and thoughtfulness, effectively analyzing and communicating legal developments to a diverse readership.
The Research Manager will develop top-caliber intellectual capital on highly complex retirement, insurance, tax, labor and investment developments in legislation, regulations, court cases and technical guidance. This position requires excellent legal/technical research and analysis capabilities, strong technical writing capabilities and the ability to work closely with experts and non-experts to help identify and address complex legal issues.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Stay current on key international legal developments in health and benefits, labor, retirement and institutional investment via key sources and publications (e.g., government resources, newspapers, magazines, journals, reports,newswires) and other resources
- Synopsize these developments in a weekly digest, coordinating with formatters and local peer reviewers in multiple time zones.
- Peer review country legal profiles produced by colleagues in annual cycles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as lawyer, paralegal or reference librarian with a strong plus for work in global employee benefits/HR law, international health care benefits and pensions
- Experience in preparing succinct high quality intellectual capital for professionals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically the ability to communicate technically complex issues in easy-to-understand ways
- Proactive, organized, accurate and detail-oriented
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Fast learner willing to expand knowledge of subject areas
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is important
- Some fluency in additional languages is a plus
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2458480
Location: United States, IL, Virtual