Research Associate at YipitData
- US Remote
New datasets are being created every day and investors need to incorporate them to remain competitive.
YipitData is the go-to, 100+ person data team for hundreds of the largest hedge funds, mutual funds, pension funds, private equity funds, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and venture capital funds in the world. We identify, screen, license, clean, and analyze alternative data to help investors answer their key questions.
We’re a fast-growing technology company based in NYC and one of Inc’s Best Workplaces, with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and purpose.
About The Role:
We are expanding our research team by hiring Research Associates to develop fundamental research for our popular subscription data products. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with 1-4 years of experience who wants to lead the data-driven future of investment research. You could be a good fit if your background includes buyside or sellside research, management consulting, or have experience utilizing data to understand business trends and solve customer problems.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), or anywhere in the US.
As a Research Associate, you’ll gain experience in:
- Data Driven Research: Create and communicate valuable insights from our datasets
- SQL-driven Granular Analysis: Learn to derive trends from large datasets using advanced queries, building cohort, concentration, penetration, and competitive analyses
- New Product Development: Collaborate with our data team to help build new research products and features
- Customer Relationships: Become a trusted resource for our subscribers, the largest investors in the world
- Product Marketing: Work with our Sales and Marketing teams to position our products on clients calls, webcasts, and in press references
You’re likely to succeed if you have:
- Experience in equity research or management consulting styled writing
- A background in business analysis and a passion for data-driven fundamental investing
- A commitment to learning new technology skills and working at a company where everyone learns to code
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field
What We Offer:
- Our compensation package includes equity and a highly competitive salary
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, generous 401K match and parental leave policy, fully stocked kitchen, paid team bonding events, wellness budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you are making, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to learn, self-improve, and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!