Quantum Spatial is seeking a part-time regulatory and compliance paralegal that will be an integral part of our Legal Department, working closely with the General Counsel, and our internal business clients, to provide contracts-related support. This paralegal will participate in projects to improve our contractual workflow and processes. In addition to working independently on assigned matters, this paralegal also will work collaboratively with our internal business clients.
- Supports business transactions and contract administration
- Reviews contracts/agreements against established standards and designs and implements playbooks/ checklists
- Provides implementation support and management of contract management software
- Uploads agreements into contract management system and prepares summary reports
- Renews business licenses across the U.S.
- Assists in responding to investigative demands and inquiries from regulatory agencies
- Tracks and monitors open issues through completion
- Conducts regulatory research
- Reviews and analyzes pending legislation related to the geospatial field
- Ensures government compliance (e.g., pre-qualifications)
- Supports attorney and compliance staff information requests
- Creates and maintains central database of contract information
- Composes and edits business letters, memoranda, and other internal and external communication
- Participates in special projects, internal/external audits, and risk management analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Substantial experience utilizing commercial document templates, including nondisclosure agreements, consulting agreements, and independent contractor agreements
- Experience providing contract support for business clients, either as a contracts specialist or paralegal
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to maintain professional and friendly demeanor under significant time restraints
- Ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner with a “can do” attitude
- Advanced clerical and Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Experience with licensing and regulatory submissions and regulatory compliance, strongly preferred
- Comfortable working with all levels of a company, including senior executives
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience researching case law and government websites, preferred
- Ability to learn and use workflow tools and contract management software
- Paralegal certificate, or equivalent training and experience in government regulations and contracting
- At least 10 years of transactional experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proactive orientation toward continuous corporate and professional improvement
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks with limited supervision
All job offers with Quantum Spatial are contingent upon passing a background check and drug screening.
How to Apply
We realize the unacceptable lack of diversity in our industry and we refuse to ignore it. We proactively address this with our office culture and hiring practices. If you are not sure whether or not you’d be a fit, we say go ahead and apply!
Please upload a letter of interest, and resume with professional references in one (1) PDF via online application process.
No phone calls or emails, please. Incomplete applications and auto-reply submissions will not be considered.
Quantum Spatial is a proud and committed Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.