Registry Technician at nThrive
- Job ID 2020-27911
- Employment Type Full Time
- Hours Per Week 40
- State Remote
The Registry Technician performs administrative and clerical support to the Cancer Registry functions as directed by the Cancer Registry Manager, Team Lead or Regional Operations Manager.
- Assist with screening and case ascertainment/case-finding processes.
- Initiate and/or maintain follow-up and/or outcome information for all cancer cases in the registry in accordance with the Hospital and Commission on Cancer (CoC) requirements.
- Assist in maintaining data quality assurance.
- Retrieve and prepare records for Cancer Committee, Tumor Boards or quality reviews.
- Prepare productivity reports as requested by the Team Leader/Cancer Registry Manager.
- Assist with all other Cancer Program and Registry activities as needed such as data collection, cancer conferences, follow-up, treatment letters, staging forms, reports, presentations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Remote Registry Technicians must have high-speed internet access and experience with remote access, set-up, and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Supports nThrive’s Compliance Program by adhering to policies and procedures pertaining to HIPAA, FDCPA, FCRA, and other laws applicable to nThrive’s business practices. This includes: becoming familiar with nThrive’s Code of Ethics, attending training as required, notifying management or nThrive’s Helpline when there is a compliance concern or incident, HIPAA-compliant handling of patient information, and demonstrable awareness of confidentiality obligations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently.
- Excellent office skills with knowledge and use of computers and software applications.
- Associate or College degree preferred.
- Medical records experience preferred or any work experience in the oncology field a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) or CTR eligible.
- Courses in medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- HIM Credential – RHIT, CCS, CCA, MT.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!