Registered Nurse at Within Health
Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Remote – Work From Home
**MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH CLIENTS WITH EATING DISORDERS **
*MUST HAVE COMPACT LICENSE OR ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR ONE*
The Registered Nurse (RN) will function as a member of a larger multidisciplinary treatment team. They will work closely with clients and monitor providers in order to provide the best care possible to our eating disorder clients. They will be responsible for assessing clients, contributing to the multidisciplinary treatment plan, and carrying out related nursing interventions. They will facilitate, and co-facilitate, groups throughout the week. They will also serve as a liaison with clients, families, providers, community organizations and other health related service agencies to provide quality care to our clients. The RN specializes in working with clients with eating disorders, is thoughtful, sensitive, respectful, flexible, and brings a loving, positive attitude to our expert Clinical Team. Shift times will vary and may include on-call hours at night and on weekends.
Major Area of Responsibility:
- Perform focused nursing assessments utilizing remote patient monitoring devices.
- Oversee a team of therapists, dietitians, and care partners providing recommended treatments for clients.
- Document all client interactions appropriately and within designated timeframes.
- Conduct weekly family coaching calls.
- Coordinate care and program services with patient, family, treatment team, and outpatient team.
- Educate clients, and family members when appropriate, regarding medical complications of eating disorders.
- Educate clients, and family members when appropriate, regarding psychiatric medications.
- Provide in-the-moment feedback by utilizing between-session messaging to motivate and support clients and families .
- Alert medical and clinical professionals to intervene during emergencies.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Participate in Staff meetings.
- Participate in scheduled Partnership Meetings.
- Participate in scheduled Family Partnership Meetings.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate groups as appropriate.
- Attend supervision and department meetings.
- Participate in initial and ongoing training.
- Provide case management for clients, ensuring effective communication with those involved in the recovery process, including school administrators, law enforcement, attorneys, etc.
- Communicate with clients, family members, team members, & outpatient teams in a timely and consistent manner.
- Give direction and direct feedback to different team members.
- Other related duties as assigned based on need.
- Active, unrestricted, unsupervised RN license, with willingness to obtain additional RN licenses or Compact license in multiple states.
- 3+ years experience as an RN in an eating disorder or behavioral health setting.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to foster teamwork and create a cohesive work environment in a virtual setting.
- Experience treating clients with eating disorders and Disordered Eating preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of a variety of models and theories of eating disorders, trauma, mental illness, and related issues.
- Knowledge of philosophies, practices, policies and outcomes of models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention, and continuing care for dually diagnosed populations.
- Understanding of diagnostic criteria for co-occurring conditions and ability to conceptualize modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice settings.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Employees are required to read, review, prepare and analyze written data and figures, using a computer or similar, and should possess visual acuity.
- This position answers and places telephone calls as well as video conferences and must be able to converse.
- Must be able to converse with colleagues via telephone and computer programs.
- Must be able to operate a computer and navigate applications within a smart-phone, iPhone, MacBook computer and/or tablet.
- Able to sit for the majority of shifts.
- Must have reliable internet connection.
- This is a work-from-home position. Work should be performed in a private, quiet space with minimal background noise.
Pay Range: $85-90k/Year