Recruiting Manager, Commercial and General and Administrative Recruiting at Oyster HR
Recruiting Manager, Commercial + G&A Recruiting
One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: This position is remote and you can work from home so long as you have a strong wifi connection, however, we have a strong preference for candidates within 5 hours of UTC.
As a Manager of Recruiting, you will play a key role in helping us build a world-class recruiting organization while scaling our Commercial and Corporate functions (Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Finance, Legal, People, Global Operations). You’ll partner with senior leadership and be a trusted advisor in developing global recruitment strategies that deliver results. This is an opportunity to build the department and function from the ground up!
What you’ll do…
- Partner with functional business leaders to understand their hiring objectives, prioritize recruiting efforts, and develop global recruiting strategies to meet team needs
- Manage and lead a team of recruiters in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment to individual and company success, providing mentorship and recruitment expertise as well as guidance for career development
- Perform hands-on recruiting yourself for key designated roles
- Leverage data to define success metrics, measure productivity, and inform strategic decision making
- Innovate on ways to build a strong talent pipeline and recruit key talent globally
- Lead and/or participate in special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition
What we’re looking for
- Proven track record of building and leading successful recruiting teams (at least 2 years) who met hiring goals while forming positive relationships across the organization
- Experience in a fast-growth, dynamic environment and managing multiple pipelines and priorities with grace
- Experience coaching and enabling recruiters to be highly effective and consultative in their approach to recruiting
- Growth-minded and solutions-oriented with the desire to roll up your sleeves and solve problems as they arise
- Passion for advancing our mission through inclusive and equal opportunity global hiring
- Comfortable working remotely and taking a proactive approach to asynchronous communication
- High-degree of empathy and a positive attitude. You work hard and know that everyone around you is, too
- Personal connection to the mission and/or experience with the problem we’re solving
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in a distributed environment
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: We give you a laptop and $1500 for equipment so you can have your remote office up and running in no time. Check out Equipment at Oyster for more details.