Quality Assurance Tester
- United States
- Full Time
- Mid Level
TeamSnap is seeking an experienced QA Tester who anticipates, seeks, and discovers problems. If you’re the kind of person who re-reads sent emails looking for typos, discovers continuity errors in movies and has no qualms about repeatedly experimenting with a 50-ingredient chili recipe, this job may be for you.
This role will report directly to the Manager of Quality Assurance.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
As a QA Tester you will work closely with our product teams throughout the feature development cycle. Using your critical thinking skills and clear communication, your ultimate goal will be to prevent bugs and usability issues from being introduced early, enabling faster and easier testing and development later, as well as documenting concerns and inconsistencies as they arise. You must have painstaking attention to detail, patience for repetitive work and a sleuth-like capacity for uncovering non-obvious problems.
You will create test coverage outlines, bug reports and additional supporting documentation. Often you will be in uncharted waters and it will be up to you to find the rocky shoals that lie just beneath the surface. We play fast and loose with metaphors around here and we expect you to do the same.
You are not expected to have software development skills or experience with automated test tooling but would be a bonus.
Some things that are important:
- 3-4 years of relevant QA experience as the primary QA tester on a project or team
- Strong knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of quality assurance testing and the ability to apply this knowledge and skills.
- Possess a solid understanding of process flow and development; strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize and know where to focus.
- Ability to think from a user’s perspective.
- Excellent communication.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Attention to detail.
- Keen organizational skills.
- A relentless desire to investigate and explore all the nooks and crannies
- A nice demeanor, but not a pushover. Sometimes you have to give developers bad news that their software broke, but in a friendly way.
- Basic interest and knowledge about team sports.
- A no-compromises attitude towards quality.
- Ability to work as part of a geographically-distributed development team
- Flexibility, teamwork, sense of humor and the willingness to do what’s necessary to help a relatively small company grow quickly
Other things that would be nice to have:
- Experience with Jira or similar.
- Experience with Ghost Inspector or similar.
- Experience in both Windows/Mac and Android/iOS.
- Ability to read through all of the bullet points.
- Tons of old iPhone and Android phones just lying around your house.
- Be a parent, coach or participant in a recreational sport
- Be a TeamSnap user (sign up for a free trial to see what we’re about)
- Ability to talk to animals, Doctor Doolittle-style
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love all parts of the world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy