Wanted: A Quality Assurance Specialist who will squash bugs and polish software.
Precision Nutrition is looking for a meticulous QA analyst who’s passionate about health, fitness and helping people live their best life. Precision Nutrition is growing, and we need a sharp, eagle-eyed QA veteran who will help us find and squash bugs, refine key features, and get our software ready to ship. As one of the largest nutrition coaching companies in the world, Precision Nutrition is bigger than it’s ever been and it’s about to get bigger.
To help us scale, we need a self-sufficient QA specialist who knows how to seek out edge cases, script their way through automated tests, and work with developers to deploy our software and help millions more people live healthier, happier lives.
Join our Adventure
We’re embarking on a new adventure, and we need a seasoned bug hunter to get our software ready for deployment
We’ve got an exciting journey ahead of us Over the next 10 years, Precision Nutrition will be expanding its world-class coaching services into a wide range of new fields, including functional medicine, chiropractic and manual therapy, yoga, group exercise, and more.
To help us reach our goals and keep us moving forward, we need a detail-oriented, self-motivated QA Analyst who knows how to develop and execute exploratory testing plans, work with a team of developers to fix glitches, and manage deployments of our software to thousands of users.
Who we’re looking for
An ambitious QA expert, who knows how to take charge
- You know your stuff. This isn’t your first rodeo. You have at least 2 years of professional experience creating and executing QA processes for complex projects in an Agile development environment. You have knowledge of front-end automated and manual testing frameworks, regression testing, and fielding and documenting bugs.
- You’re a stickler for the details. You are careful, cautious and incredibly meticulous. Some may even call you nitpicky (in an endearing way, of course). You dream about dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. Nothing slips by the net when you’re goalie.
- You’re tech savvy. You know that Jira, SQL and GitHub are not cool names for super heroes. You can work with databases, have some HTML chops, and can even do some light scripting in Ruby or Python.
- You’re committed to your craft. You were meant to be in QA. It is your unique ability, and not just an opening to a job doing something else. You take pride in your work and have a burning need to find the bugs before our customers do.
- You can switch gears at the drop of a hat. You have the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize your work in a changing environment. You’re okay with things shifting as new information is available, and you can plan as you go. You don’t mind managing multiple projects and have the ability to juggle a few things at once.
- You aren’t satisfied with idle hands. Your workload may ebb and flow, but you’re motivated to stay productive no matter what. When you don’t have a lot on your plate, you take initiative and find ways to contribute even if you haven’t been assigned a specific task.
- You can work independently. Once you are confident in what you need to do, you can run with it and don’t need a lot of direction. That said, you are not on an island, and can work with others when necessaryand you’ll get plenty of help and support from the team when you need it.
- You’re a creative puzzle solver. You know how to analyze a problem and are adept at coming up with innovative solutions. And you don’t stop once the problem is solvedyou love to look back, quantify what went wrong, and recommend new ways of doing things that improve the process going forward.
- You’re an exceptional communicator. You know how to get your message across clearly and concisely. You will be in regular contact with our developers as you identify bugs and have the ability to articulate the issues and easily communicate barriers. You don’t back down when challenged, and you advocate for high quality output.
- You leave your ego at the door. You have talent, but you don’t show it off. You have no room for shadiness, mediocrity, cynicism and excessive “constructive criticism” in your workyou know how to collaborate with a team to get things done.
What you’ll be doing
Honing our groundbreaking software into tip-top shape
Your batting clean up. Turning weeks of work into home runs. Your mission is simple: meticulously test our software to find bugs, squash them, and ship the final product. That means:
- Lots and lots of testing. It’s your job to manually test new features in our software, making sure everything works as intended. You’ll develop test plans, come up with acceptance criteria, and document new tickets of work to fix any bugs.
- Working with developers. You won’t be part of a big QA departmentinstead, you’ll be communicating directly with our developers and other team members involved in the product. You’ll talk about upcoming features, clarify how things are supposed to work, and relay bugs you’ve found so we can perfect our software.
- Staying in touch with the team. Precision Nutrition operates in an Agile environment, which means you’ll also attend daily standups, bi-weekly demos, and whole-team retrospectives.
- You love automation, you know how to write automated tests (any environment/framework/service of your choosing) and you wanna help our team reach the promised land of automated end to end testing. And, you also know where manual testing really pays off, and when to use it.
A few important caveats
This is a dream job, if you’re the right person for it.
- Must-Have #1: You must be experienced.
- You’ve worked in an Agile environment before, ideally for 5+ years, and you’ve seen a product from conception to release. You’re able to start things from scratch and hit the ground running.
- Must-Have #2: You’re painstakingly thorough.
- From big red flags to the tiniest typos, nothing gets past you. You need an always-on attention to detail, and have your fine-toothed comb ready at any moment’s notice.
- Must-Have #3: You can handle the heat.
- You’re organized, self-managing, and you excel at prioritizing work, even if things change on you.
- Wondering if this is the right path for you?
- Every year, professionals at the top of their field choose to join Precision Nutrition.
Here are 5 reasons why.
- Reason #1: We give you the freedom to do you.
- Unlike most companies, we don’t have rigid rules about how and when to do things. You’ll always be free to work independently, whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Reason #2: You can work from anywhere.
- We’re a 100% remote company, and have been working remote for 17 years. When you join our team, you’re no longer shackled to one desk, one office, one city, or even one country!
- Reason #3: Meetings are optional. (No, really.)
- You’re an adult. You’re capable of deciding how your time should be spent. If you don’t think you need to attend a meeting, you don’t. Simple as that.
- Reason #4: You’ll always feel supported.
- In a regular office, it’s easy to feel like a hamster in a wheel, powerless to change things. At Precision Nutrition, we work as a team to overcome issues & barriers that stand in each other’s way, and we treat each other with enthusiasm, compassion, and care.
- Reason #5: You’ll never be bored.
- People often come to Precision Nutrition after hitting a plateau in their old jobs. At PN, you’ll get the chance to conquer new challenges, learn from the best, and reach thrilling new heights of personal and professional growth.
Plus: no commute … and no 9-to-5 grind.
Go ahead: schedule work around your kids. Fly to Europe on a moment’s notice. We don’t care where you’re based or what hours you keep, as long as you always give us your best when it counts.
Sound like we might just be the perfect company for you? Then you might just be the perfect fit for us.