Quality Assurance Specialist at Ability
Quality Assurance Specialist
Data has a story to tell. We give it a voice.
Guided by a mission to help, ABILITY, an Inovalon company, is a leading information technology company helping healthcare providers and payers simplify administrative and clinical complexity by enabling data-driven improvements in healthcare. Our employee philosophy is simple: We hire smart, talented people and trust them to do their thing. As part of ABILITY, you’ll grow with a company that wants you to succeed. To support you, we provide the teams, the latitude, the support and the culture so you can try new things, broaden your experience, and grow and succeed with us. Join our team and help make ABILITY a great place to do great work!
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for coordinating and conducting quality assurance monitoring and audits and assist with development, revisions and maintenance of Quality Process Training, with the ultimate goal to enhance the Customer Operations Team’s overall performance. The end result will be a better customer experience. This position supports the Customer Operations Team by facilitating coaching/development initiatives with each associate. This position requires a strong focus on associate coaching and development to provide feedback and drive the desired performance expectations. Identify the developmental needs of employees on the Customer Operations Team and develop feedback to improve, and maintain at a high level, their knowledge and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees screening of incoming and outgoing calls to ensure quality, customer service, technical accuracy and adherence to the policies and procedures of the organization;
- Provides feedback to assist in the creation of quality standards, performance improvement goals, and the development of training programs;
- Provide feedback to the Training Team on potential changes to internal and external training based on types and quantities technical questions received;
- Monitors quality of Customer Operations Team members. Selects calls for quality evaluation in a random fashion to provide a valid sampling representative of overall performance levels;
- Calls selected for evaluation may be remotely monitored or offer side-by-side coaching and evaluation;
- Consistently provides performance-related feedback and coaching to Technical Support Team members with a focus on technical accuracy, customer service and process execution;
- Provide training and development to ensure continuous improvement of the ability of Customer Operations Team members’ ability to successfully handle calls and achieve metrics;
- Schedules routine coaching interactions with Customer Operations Team members to support and drive performance expectations;
- Communicates quality issues to management and conducts root cause analysis with corrective and preventative action plans;
- Identifies developmental opportunities and coaches to enhance expertise and abilities;
- Conducts group monitoring & calibration sessions involving management;
- Trends QA information for process/performance improvement and training improvement for internal and external constituents;
- Selects calls and participates in Client monitoring and calibration sessions;
- Conducts new hire quality assurance training for the Customer Operations Team. Demonstrate the QA process, review performance related variables, evaluation criteria and process;
- Assist with the updating of SOPs, work instructions, checklists and various other documents;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
- Minimum 5+ years total Call Center or Technical Support experience; 2+ year experience training and quality/call monitoring experience in a technical or healthcare environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to provide constructive feedback and coaching in a manner that results in improved performance;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including the capacity to effectively assess problems and communicate solutions;
- Strong customer service, organizational and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work flow;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision;
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Ability to maintain attention to detail while handling multiple tasks; and
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines and requirements accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a directly related field
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!