Quality Assurance Specialist at Grand Canyon Education - GCE
Quality Assurance Specialist
Grand Canyon Education (GCE) is an educational service company that provides an array of support services in the post-secondary education sector. Formerly part of Grand Canyon University (GCU), GCE still supports and works closely with GCU. GCE designs and develops educational programs for GCU and other traditional campus institutions, as well as online partner institutions at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels.
Grand Canyon University is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist. This role serves as a functional and automated quality assurance specialist for GCU’s Marketing web applications and its related integrations. Ensures that all changes, upgrades and new configurations meet customer specifications; analyzes data to determine specific types of quality problems are being experienced by users. Writes and implements test and inspection procedures to obtain the defect information needed for analysis, and reports findings from test and inspection data to management. On a proactive basis, tests new versions of internet browsers prior to widespread use to identify and resolve compatibility issues.
- Defines and implements quality assurance practices and procedures for software projects within the marketing department.
- Assists with the creation, organization, and maintenance of a comprehensive test plan library for use by marketing.
- Assists with the development of test automation used in verifying conformity to functional requirements, web standards and accessibility standards.
- Responsible for establishing, maintaining and auditing the QA process within marketing for software projects.
- Continuously researches quality assurance standards and makes recommendations to management with regard to improving marketing’s QA processes.
- Responsible for understanding both the business objectives and the technical implementation of GCU’s marketing websites and its applications.
- Coordinates the release of products with all relevant stakeholders.
- Receives requests for software testing due to upgrades and maintenance or new applications.
- Meets with developers or users to understand the nature of the testing required and documents requirements of testing.
- Analyzes, designs and prepares data requirements for test execution.
- Creates, executes and maintains quality assurance test plans based on technical and/or business requirements.
- Designs and develops quality assurance test scripts and plan to aid in the quality assurance process. Implements, tests, debugs and maintains test scripts.
- Provides task dependencies, priorities and time estimates.
- Analyzes and optimizes the quality assurance testing tools and processes through continuous improvement.
- Stays current on changing and updated trends, software upgrades, new internet browser products and/or versions, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum of two years of experience building and/or testing web applications.
- The following experience may be substituted for education requirements:
- Three years of work experience building and/or testing web application with an unrelated bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Five years of work experience building and/or testing web applications with an Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Solid understanding of Windows and MacOS operating systems as well as web applications.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise problem reports and test results.
- Ability to interpret SQL codes to troubleshoot and write SQL queries.
- Must have a customer-focus and service orientation.
- Creative solving of technical problems; ability to translate technical requirements into test plans.
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables to find the bad defects and bugs quickly.
- Skill in oral and written communication; ability to be concise and clear in verbal communication and to express technical findings and recommendations in an understandable manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with clear and frequent communication.
- Experience working with automation testing frameworks or tools, experience using Selenium is preferred.
- History of using QA automation design patterns and the ability to teach these patterns to other engineers.
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools like Jenkins and GIT.
- Familiarity with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
- Extensive knowledge of internet technologies.
- Excellent coding skills.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!