Quality Assurance Engineer at Andela
Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
- Location: Remote
Where You’ll Work
- Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential.
- We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
- Based globally and operating remotely, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the globe while solving the global technical talent shortage.
- Andela is hiring for a top priority placement at a leading cross platform computer peripheral devices manufacturer.
- Our partner is looking for stable, long-term talent to join them as an Experienced Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer.
What You’ll Do
- We were built to connect the world’s top brands with influential content creators and publishers to enable influencer marketing and content production at scale.
- With over 500,000 Creators reaching over 3 billion fans and followers around the globe, we are unmatched in industry experience, network diversity, and technology ecosystem. A career with us offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization!
- The team strives to be ego-free and motivated only by building amazing software for our users.
- We seek to understand the “why” behind the “what”. We regularly break out into small teams to tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others.
- We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to continually grow.
- Our developers use the latest tools and technology to build the applications and services that make up the platform.
- We leverage the latest frameworks, such as Rails, and NodeJS for iterating quickly on our technology.
- Our code is deployed and operated by the people who write it, with the help of Amazon Web Services.
- We leverage everything from EC2 for virtualization and hosting, to Amazon EMR and Machine Learning for advanced analytics.
- You will be working with web and mobile (iOS only) testing
- You will spend roughly 50% of your time on automated testing and 50% on manual testing
- You will help with automation and team velocity
- Participate in all QA and team meetings
- Proactively collaborate with product and engineering to help plan new feature development
- Work as a core member of a functional product squad, attending daily standups and working closely with that team
- Experience with (or willing to learn) Runscope for API testing
- Familiarity with using JIRA
- 5-hour working overlap time with Eastern Standard Time
- Clear verbal and written communication in English is important
- Understanding of QA process for software development, debugging and release
- Ability to objectively review and qualify objective data
- Candidates are expected to have roughly 3+ years professional experience working as a QA engineer (we are open to both mid level and senior level candidates)
- You describe yourself as proactive, go-getter
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!