Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote, United States
Mobiquity is a digital engagement provider for more than 200 of the world’s leading brands. We are a collective of consultants, designers, developers, cloud advisors, and data scientists – spread across 3 continents and 9 offices – who create compelling digital experiences to help clients show they care to the people who matter most – their consumers, patients, and employees.
Mobiquity is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer with demonstrated experience doing manual testing. The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills to test native mobile applications as well as web applications.
What This Job Entails:
- Interpret and help configure the current Agile based development process in order to help continuous improvement efforts
- Estimate and investigate risks of QA tasks and set expectations/goals for each project
- Meet with client QA team members to set expectations, and report findings back to our QA work streams
- Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive QA test cases based on functional specifications and/or wireframes
- Report informative and detailed defects throughout the project
- Follow up with owned defects to assure they’re to closure
- Clearly report individual status during daily Scrum meetings and QA meetings
- Work in an organized manner to assure goals aren’t missed
- Be able to juggle multiple project priorities at the same time
The Skills We’re Looking For:
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Ability to be proactive, find solutions and meet deadlines
- 2+ years of work experience with software QA (mobile testing preferred)
- Knowledge of mobile platforms such as iOS, and Android
- Experience communicating across teams to keep everyone on the same page.
- Experience troubleshooting issues found during testing
- Experience testing web applications and experience in testing web services
- Experience executing functional, integration, penetration, and performance tests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A good sense of humor and a passion for technology
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience monitoring network traffic through a proxy or developer tool
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Programming language experience or experience automating API testing or functional automation testing
Recruiting Agencies: While we really do appreciate what you do, and how challenging it can be, don’t do it. Please do not send us unsolicited resumes, either to our employees, job listings, or recruiting team. (We call those free leads). Mobiquity is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Mobiquity is an equal opportunity employer. We feel strongly that the best ideas come from all sorts of directions and sources, and cutting ourselves off from anyone due to our own biases is simply bad business, as well as bad citizenship.