Quality Assurance Associate at Great Minds
Quality Assurance Associate
United States, District of Columbia, Washington DC
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Quality Assurance Associate to join our dynamic and growing science department.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit:
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Quality Assurance Associate will ensure the quality of our core platform systems and digital initiatives that span across multiple delivery teams. This role will be responsible for creating quality assurance guidelines, standardizing QA processes and assisting in developing the best QA practices for our science department.
- Develop knowledge of PhD Science content, style guides, and workflows
- Edit content for consistent styling within web-based Content Management System
- Assist in web-based accessibility remediations (WCAG2.1)
- Conduct quality control review using PhD Science style guides for multiple projects
- Assist manager and content teams to deliver content according to business milestones
- Track errors and communicate update progress of work in process
- Build relationships with departments and teams across the organization including Science, Production Services, Operations, and IT
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with keen attention to detail
- Basic understanding of information technology
- Aptitude for troubleshooting
- Ability to work autonomously and in a collaborative, fast-paced dynamic setting
- Experience with MS Office, DC Acrobat and SharePoint
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus, but not required
- Basic understanding of web-based accessibility (WCAG2.1) a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $38,436.78 – $43,890.00. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company’s benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company’s discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.