QA Test Engineer at Slync.io
QA Test Engineer/Analyst (Remote, North America)
- Full Time
- Mid Level
About the Role:
Are you a QA Test Engineer who is passionate about achieving quality and enjoys learning new systems and technologies? We are looking for you! Slync.io is looking for a Principal Test Engineer to join a team of highly motivated quality engineers developing regression packs, building out test repositories, executing tests, and working with cross-functional teams to maintain quality and promote efficiency. This role involves requirement analysis, test planning, test case development across the Slync.io platform and system, and the exercising of automated tooling integrations for accelerated testing where necessary. The team you will work with are geographically distributed throughout the US, Canada, India and Europe.
- Provide technical and QA expertise, acting as a Quality champion on projects and teams
- Support QA efforts by planning, developing, and executing functional tests against Back-End RESTful API’s and Front-End GUIs
- Act as a source of information for the business and engineering team to support smarter project, testing, and quality decisions; providing demos to stakeholders as needed
- Troubleshoot issues, report on findings, and escalate issues as necessary
- Spend a portion of your time learning about new systems and technologies; you will be expected to contribute to documentation and support the team with peer to peer training
- Stay abreast of modern and emerging technologies, be mindful of the needs of the business, and to help inform our decision making
- Have an understanding of the value derived from shipping quality code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results
- You will work in an agile environment with a cross-functional, highly collaborative global team
- You will work closely with Engineering, Solutions and Product
- A commitment to quality is essential, and you should expect to follow best practices such as continuous improvement, risk management, and peer reviews.
- There are a number of skills and qualities you must have in order to succeed in the role.
- You must be self-driven and motivated, be able to manage your own time, and be able to compartmentalize your home life from your work life while in a fast paced environment.
- You must be an excellent communicator, contribute in a timely manner, and be thoughtful and considerate of how others interpret your messages.
- You must be strong in troubleshooting system and technical issues, reporting defects, have solid experience with back-end APIs.
- You must be able to pass a background check and provide three professional references.
- 4+ years experience with functional testing
- 4+ years of experience leading test projects of significant size and complexity
The ideal candidate will have 4+ years’ experience with:
- RESTful API Testing
- Functional testing
- Analysis, planning, troubleshooting, & root cause analysis
- Log monitoring
- Relation database management systems such as PostgreSQL
- A deep understanding of web technologies
- Familiarity / experience with
- Reporting systems
- Regulatory & Compliance Requirements
- Microservices architecture
- Experience with automation development is a plus, but not required
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
Nice to haves
- Experience with tools such as Postman/insomnia, testRail, FileZilla, Atlassian products
Slync.io is excited to offer full-time roles with a competitive base salary, unlimited vacation, comprehensive medical, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance as well as pre-tax flexible spending accounts for transportation commuter benefits, healthcare savings accounts, 401K, and monthly communication allowances. We also host team-building activities and provide a great environment to accelerate your career and personal life.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!