QA Specialist II at FlexJobs
QA Specialist II
Remote: US only – CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, OK, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA
Who We Are
FlexJobs aims to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 15 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve been named one a Quartz Best Companies for Remote Workers (2021), Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
The QA Specialist II is a part of the team responsible for testing new/updated features, as well as routine testing across our brands. The ideal candidate will be proficient in manual and automated testing of websites and mobile apps, ideally in the job search industry. Your experience will demonstrate that you have a solid understanding of — and follow — Quality Assurance best practices. You should possess solid technical skills to develop, modify, and execute manual and automated software tests and use testing tools and methodologies to achieve the test objectives. You should understand the benefits of test automation and will have been part of a team that has successfully used it in the past.
A strong attention to detail and a sense of satisfaction for manual and automated website and mobile app testing will be important. You should be an outgoing, positive, and communicative person who is comfortable (and energized!) by taking responsibility for testing new software releases, troubleshooting, and verifying ongoing development. We work in a fast-moving development team with a great deal of collaboration and communication — within the team, with the product team, and with stakeholders across the company. This is a full-time position where you will work from your home office, with your own devices.
Your Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3-5 years in a QA role and experience with functional and backend testing of websites and backend applications, including ticket management systems
- 3-5 years automated testing experience, including experience with Ghost Inspector or a similar automated testing tool
- 2-4 years iOS mobile app testing experience
- Experience using bug databases to log bugs and issues for developers to fix
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test scripts
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Proficient level of knowledge with Atlassian Confluence and Jira, as well as GitHub
- Positive, confident, and clear communication skills, problem-solving, and technical support/troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for high-quality software products
- Familiar with testing a variety of different online mediums, including dynamic web pages and rich Internet applications
- Familiar with testing on Windows and Mac OS environments, as well as mobile devices running iOS, with all mainstream web browsers (Chrome, Edge, FF, and Safari)
- Familiarity with page rendering issues
- Able to manage multiple fast-paced projects and priorities.
- Comfortable using virtual office tools like Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom, or similar platforms
Traits Required of All Team Members Include
- A sense of pride in your work
- A belief that the details matter…a lot
- Embrace integrity and good business ethics at all times
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access (preferably hard-wired), a fast computer, and phone access
- Windows or Mac desktop, as well as iOS mobile devices will be needed
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time-off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc.) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your email settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is registered as any employer in many, but not all states. Residency in a state we are registered in is required to be considered for employment with us.
Knowing that our people are our greatest resource, FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity, inclusion, and equality for everyone. We acknowledge there is always learning to be done and improvements to be made. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion, and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.