Do you love to eat? Are you passionate about testing and technology? Olo is a leader in fast-casual restaurant online ordering, and we are hiring an experienced QA Manager to support our team of skilled quality advocates. This position is more than moving stories on a kanban board – you’ll work with smart, passionate engineers dedicated to innovation and experimentation while also delivering amazing products.
You will partner with Engineering and Product Managers to shepherd quality aspects of product and technology initiatives and help us sharpen our execution skills as we deliver an exceptional platform. As a servant leader, your focus will be on championing whole team quality while hiring and nurturing our quality advocate team.
This is a full-time position. You can work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than two-thirds of our engineering team is remote.
- You’ve got strong opinions on manual and exploratory testing and general software quality concepts
- You know your way around a SAAS platform
- You are tech-savvy and understand the complexities of modern SAAS platforms
- You’ve got a technical degree or comparable industry experience.
- You’ve been in an agile testing leadership role before, with a track record of success
- Legal right to work in the U.S.
In this job, you’ll…
- Coach embedded quality advocates in Whole Team Quality practices and their team and product responsibilities
- Identify and address skill gaps in QA talent
- Partner with Engineering and Product Managers to adapt quality practices to each team’s unique needs
- Coordinate cross-team test initiatives and and direct the work of less senior testers
- Champion new approaches to software testing to help them become more efficient and effective
- Propose creative solutions to our testing problems, both technological and process
- Identify and contribute to automated test solutions
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and tools that will benefit the whole team
- Collaborate with Product and Customer Success teams to incorporate specific client needs into testing strategies
Olo reaches millions of consumers by powering mobile and online ordering for many of the country’s largest restaurant chains. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption.
We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart!
Olo headquarters are located at 26 Broadway in the historic Standard Oil Building, the former home of John D. Rockefeller. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like FitBits, rotating craft beers on tap in our kitchen, and food events featuring our clients’ menu items (now you know why we give out FitBits!). Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Join our team!
At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!