QA Engineer at Doximity
San Francisco or Remote
Want to join a fast growing company with the goal of revolutionizing healthcare? We are looking for a detail-oriented QA Engineer to help us shape the future of our Newsfeed platform.
Doximity Quality Assurance is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us!
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for assuring product quality by working with Product, Development and other members of the QA team. You must be able to think outside the box and create comprehensive test cases ensuring all positive/negative/edge cases are covered.
Your responsibilities will include daily estimation, planning, investigation, coordination, and test execution to ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system, and others as assigned. Above all, you’re responsible for finding bugs before users do and upholding the highest quality in everything you do.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Execute black box testing of our web/mobile applications that power Doximity’s physician community.
- Thoroughly test features for completion, quality, speed and browser compatibility.
- Identify and document clear steps to reproduce bugs and work with the various teams to prioritize bugs into sprint cycles.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Develop QA strategies that increases QA testing capacity and coverage.
- Collaborate closely with Backend Engineers, Product Managers, Designers, Data Engineers, and Customer Support.
- Clarify inconsistencies between the spec and the outcome, and ensure that the final product meets expectations.
- Own features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5% travel required per year
What we’re looking for:
- 2-5 years of QA experience in software testing, preferably on different operating systems and various browsers
- Detail-oriented and an exceptional problem solver
- Experience with defect tracking software or Agile project management systems
- Experience with test case management tools
- Capable of working with multiple QA servers and staging environments
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Good understanding of GitHub, branches, and pull requests
- API expertise (Postman, REST and GraphQL)
- Ability to think outside of the box and beyond the obvious to uncover behind the scene type bugs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have enthusiasm to dig into technical features, issues and specifications.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, yet you are flexible to adapt to change.
- You enjoy hands on manual testing and you are also interested in automation testing.
- You’re self-driven to improve the app experience above and beyond what’s outlined in the spec.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Full medical, vision, dental benefits
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- Generous time-off policy
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous equipment budget
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- Team Happy Hours
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impactjoin us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!