Python Developer – Technical Content at Twilio
Title: Python Developer for Technical Content
- Location: Remote – Global
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Python Developer for Technical Content who will enable developers to teach others how to get started and build with Twilio. You’ll primarily execute this work assisting developers online by helping them to edit and publish high quality tutorials.
We’re looking for a developer who understands how to help other developers explain complicated programming topics in ways readers can easily understand.
Requirements for this job include:
- You are a developer. You can empathize with the joy of “It worked!”, the frustration of, “why’s it doing that?” and the hard work of debugging to get Python code working the right way.
- You love to write clean code and use it to tell a clear narrative to readers.
- You enjoy consistent work each day rather than in sporadic fire-drill mode.
As a Python Developer for Technical Content, you will:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate with developers who do not work for Twilio to enable them to publish code-first Python language tutorials on the Twilio website.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the Python version of the Voices community page, which will be the equivalent of the twilio.com/php page that was launched for PHP developers.
- BE BOLD: Write your own code tutorials and publish them on the Twilio website to keep your own programming skills sharp.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Make Python developers from our community the heroes of their companies.
The Developer Voices’ team executes on a mission to prompt and rally developers to build the future of communications. We have published hundreds of programming tutorials by programmers and worked to have their polished content read by millions of developers worldwide.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $132,928.00 – 182,776.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $116,312.00 – $159,929.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!