Public Relations and Outreach Coordinator (Remote)
REMOTE · United States · Marketing
Single Grain is a small, but mighty, digital marketing agency in downtown LA. We specialize in PPC, Paid Social, SEO, and Content Marketing working with clients such as Intuit, Uber, and Amazon. Our founder and thought leader, Eric Siu, has led Single Grain to where it is now and is continuing to grow its audiences through a variety of channels.
Eric hosts two podcasts – Marketing School (1M downloads/mo) and Growth Everywhere (100k downloads/mo). Growth Everywhere posts weekly interviews of world-class entrepreneurs and C-level executives and pulls out actionable insights to help you grow personally and professionally. Marketing School brings you 10 minutes of marketing advice and strategies every single day. We speak at conferences as well as host our own, we run a blog with over 200,000 visitors/mo and have a YouTube channel with 22,000+ subscribers. We even have our own SaaS tool and educational products.
All of this is to fulfill our mission to create meaningful predictable growth for business-owners and companies from Series A start-ups to tech giants and enterprises.
We are looking for a humble, hungry and smart PR and Outreach Coordinator to join our growing Content team. You will be a great fit if
- You are tech-savvy, self-starting, resourceful, entrepreneurial, endlessly curious, and highly ambitious
- You have effective time management and organization skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and a growth mindset
- You meet deadlines, pay attention to details, think on your feet, ask for help when you need it, and consistently demonstrate respect for others
When you apply, please include the words “PR is Cool” in your cover letter. Any applicants that do not include this phrase will not be considered.
About the Role
The ideal Public Relations and Guest Outreach Coordinator will leverage their own insights and industry knowledge to uplift Single Grain and its properties to new heights through strategic partnerships and collaborations with other brands, publications, and influencers. This creative thinker will need to be a people-person and be able to communicate professionally, both written and verbal. You will report to the Single Grain Founder as well as the Head of Content. This position is a remote contractor role.
- Research, qualify, and outreach to influencers/bloggers, publications, and Single Grain’s business audiences for collaborations
- Proactively pitch new engagement ideas and opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising to reach new customers and audiences, ensuring content is compelling and aligns with Single Grain’s voice and objectives
- Assist with product launches and promotions while maintaining editorial and events calendar for the Marketing team
- Compose press pitches, media alerts, and social media copy as well as assist in writing articles for newsletters, blogs, magazines, and websites
- Analyze, measure, and report on influencer activity during and after campaigns to evaluate, address learning, and optimize future initiatives
- Continuously monitor the latest trends and changes in the digital publication world to ensure we are always ahead of the curve in our knowledge and capabilities
- 3+ years in PR/Communications/Marketing
- Demonstrated interest in digital marketing industry, entrepreneurship, and startups
- Impeccable written and communication skills including rapport building and interacting with team members at all management levels
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to work remotely and independently
- Extremely detailed, organized, reliable, trustworthy, and takes initiative with a positive attitude
- Ability to use G-Suite and PowerPoint
- Please include the words “PR is Cool” in your cover letter (or else your application will not be considered)
- Remote position
- Growth-oriented culture that values open communication and transparency
- Already working with a large audience, thriving email list, and prominent influencers and entrepreneurs in the industry
- Close-knit hard-working team members!