Provider Coding Specialist
Job Locations: US-Remote Office
Codes outpatient medical records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM and CPT codes in accordance with regulatory coding guidelines, best practices in the industry and HIA policy and procedures. Abstracts required demographic and clinical data elements. The coder will meet specified productivity and accuracy standards.
- Codes all requested medical records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT code assignment in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and clinical data elements required.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client requirements.
- Completes all I-10 education as required within established deadlines.
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills by actively participating in all education sessions.
- AHIMA or AAPC credentials
- Minimum 3 years outpatient coding experience in an ambulatory surgery setting.
- I-10-CM/PCS, E/M leveling, CPT
- Computer proficiency, able to research coding questions and utilize HIA’s internal educational resources.
- High Speed Internet via Cable (no Satellite or wireless cell based)
- Independent, focused individual able to work remotely.