Part-time, On call
Req #: 216214_88888
Location: Remote (Any State), VA US
Job Category: Business Development and Marketing
Security Clearance: None
Clearance Status: Not Applicable
CACI is looking for a Part-Time On-Call (PTOC) Proposal Editor to join our Production team working either remotely or near Reston, VA. You’ll contribute your editing skills, Federal proposal experience, positive communication style, and solution-focused adaptability in support of proposal work that spans the entire organization. If you’re an editor seeking both focus and flexibility, this may be your next career opportunity!
What You’ll Get to Do:
- At the direction of the Editing Manager and working closely with Production staff edit a wide range of proposal documents in a fast-moving environment, working both independently and as part of multi-editor teams.
- Apply editorial styles and standards consistently and appropriately across multiple proposal volumes, with rigorous attention to detail.
- Identify, question, and/or correct grammatical and punctuation errors, faulty sentence construction, and ambiguous or conflicting statements/information.
- Research and verify acronym definitions; generate glossaries.
- Add value by improving clarity, conciseness, and terminology of proposal documents.
- Adapt editing approach to meet changing requirements and deadlines; prioritize editing and Production goals to optimize editorial value and proposal quality.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a relevant career field.
- Five to seven years of related proposal editing experience for multi-teammate, solutions-based proposals.
You Will Also Bring These Professional Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a high-paced, detail-oriented environment as well as part of a team.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For more than 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
- US-Reston-VA-VIRGINIA SUBURBAN