Proposal Coordinator and Technical Writer at Teaching Lab
Proposal Coordinator and Technical Writer
Proposal Coordinator and Technical Writer for a 50- employee (and growing) remote education non-profit providing professional learning to K-12 educators nationally
Type of Vacancy: Salaried, full-time
Start date: November/December 2022
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the United States
Report to: Chief Program Officer
Compensation: Salary starts at $62,000, with comprehensive benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Teaching Lab is an equal-opportunity employer committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We pursue equity as both a means and an end and enthusiastically welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this role.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Teaching Lab is looking for a Proposal Coordinator and Technical Writer to join our team who will be responsible for managing and implementing the Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), and Request for Information (RFI) proposal processes, assigning tasks, ensuring quality, and leading the strategic growth and communications team to complete the proposal, including preparing the proposal narrative and submission of required forms, signatures, and attachments. Measures of success in this role include win rate, capture rate, content quality, revenue, margin, proposals submitted and achievement of KPIs or other metrics. As a rapidly growing nonprofit, we seek a professional with prior experience in creating engaging, persuasive, and winning proposals. Eligible candidates must have excellent organizational skills, work well under deadlines, and be able to communicate effectively and persuasively in writing. Ideal candidates will also care about facts and details and can write in a convincing manner. Above all, any candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to racial and educational equity. This position has high potential for both large-scale impact and career growth.
WHO WE ARE
Teaching Lab is a nonprofit organization with a mission to fundamentally shift the paradigm of teacher professional learning to achieve educational equity. We envision a world where teachers and students thrive together in communities that enable life-long learning and meaningful lives. In partnership with teachers, we transform professional learning from the ground up to dramatically improve student outcomes. We also work with school, district, and state leaders to create the instructional systems necessary to support these changes. To learn more about Teaching Lab, explore our website at www.teachinglab.org.
Specifically, the Proposal Coordinator and Technical Writer will hold responsibilities in the following functional areas:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a project plan, outline each stage of the proposal, and create a schedule to meet all necessary deadlines to deliver winning proposals
- Guide teams through the collaborative process to develop responses to RFI, RFQs and RFPs
- Lead, plan, schedule, and own proposal kick-off meetings; facilitate key review meetings
- Analyze and understand the evaluation criteria for proposals and ensure that what is written and submitted will get the highest evaluation score
- Conduct research to support assertions made in proposals aligned to best practices in professional learning, accelerating learning, implementation of high-quality instructional materials (HQIM) and HQPL
- Ensure that proposal responses answer the requestor’s questions addressing “who,” “what,” “where,” “how,” “when,” and “why” and align to the Teaching Lab model, core values, etc.
- Align proposal language to words from the partner’s perspective and adapt this voice given the variety of stakeholders that Teaching Lab engages with (ex: schools, districts, state education agencies, other peer organizations, etc.)
- Implement win strategies, win themes, and storytelling, development of the value proposition and articulate the solution narrative in proposals
- Delegate tasks required to complete a proposal, writing, editing, and other efforts associated with the proposal process.
- Incorporate feedback cycles for internal and external parties to review, provide feedback, and incorporate and clarify those feedback changes to get proposals to a final product
- Coordinate proposal governance, including: coordinating sign off with CPO/CEO/COO, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal
- Design, manage, and update a content library and create systems for template management in line with Teaching Lab branding and ability to adhere to the Teaching Lab voice, tone, and style guidelines
- Collaborate with the Strategic Growth and Communications team to create graphics and visuals for projects
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in journalism, communications, English, education, or related field
- Understanding of the proposal process and previous experience in proposal writing and proposal management
- Experience with leading, planning, scheduling and owning proposal kick-off meetings, facilitating key review meetings, incorporating feedback, final document review, coordinating proposal governance, coordinate sign off, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal
- Proven ability in planning, producing, and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business and/or nonprofit environment
- The Association for Proposal Management Professional Certification (APMP)
- Certified Professional Technical Communicator (CPTC)
- Advanced MS Word / PowerPoint skills & proficient in MS Office / Adobe In Design
- Strong commitment to Teaching Lab’s organizational mission and values in pursuit of educational equity
- Demonstrate proficiencies in Teaching Lab competencies
- Ability to write in a factual, convincing mannerGood strategic planning abilities
- Superior project management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work on a team and collaborate cross-functionally within the organization
- Flexible, resourceful, and good-humored
WORKING AT TEACHING LAB
All roles at Teaching Lab are contingent on business needs.
Teaching Lab offers a comprehensive benefits package for full-time salaried employees, including: medical, dental, and vision; a 401(k) program with a 4% employer match; short-term life, long-term life, disability, and worker’s compensation insurance; flexible health spending accounts; technology equipment; monthly technology reimbursement; and generous time off and leave policies.
This position is eligible for remote work anywhere in the continental United States, and may require some travel (up to quarterly).