Property Claims Analyst
Remote – U.S.
At York, we believe that an experience marked by expertise, consistency and compassion sets us apart. And we celebrate the diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives that allow us to stand apart from our competitors. That’s why we are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining people who represent our values and who believe in our mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate losses objectively, include expense budgets and extent of exposure, set proper claim reserves for use by clients and regulatory authorities; reserves may be revised.
- Make timely initial contact with policyholders; interpret and evaluate insurance contracts for a variety of carrier clients; prepare and issue letter regarding key issues and investigation requirements.
- Retain and provide oversight for field adjusters, cause and origin experts, building consultants, engineer and other experts so claims are properly investigated/ adjusted.
- Ensure electronic claim data is properly maintained in a paperless working environment.
- Evaluate claim presentations, verifying accuracy and compliance with policy provisions.
- Issue indemnity and expense payments; respond to client audits.
- Prepare and issue timely status letters to policyholders.
- Prepare written claim reports, which vary by client.
- Participate in client file reviews to discuss reserve development and claim status.
- Comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements in all applicable jurisdictions and industry specific Best Practices and quality assurance standards of performance.
- Report to client as required by contractual account instructions; varying method of investigation according to type of coverage.
- Obtain and maintain all required licenses and certifications and meet all continuous training and certification requirements.
- Manage litigation; Select and manage experts including defense and coverage counsel.
- Settle claims within assigned levels of authority as set forth in complex, detailed client account instructions.
- Effectuate prompt payment (with client’s funds) to claimants and service providers.
- Be alert to insurance fraud and implement special procedures if fraud is suspected.
- Involve client in decision-making as appropriate and/or follow client-specific requirements for escalation when client decision-making and/or notification is required.
- This position manages the work of field adjusters, engineers, forensic accountants and other experts who assist in determining cause of loss, scope of damage, period of restoration and other information as needed to assist the analyst in confirming coverage and processing the claim.
York is a leading risk solutions provider. We reduce risk and drive high-quality outcomes with results our clients can see and feel. With our data-driven and compassionate approach, we deliver integrated and customized solutions for risk management, claims administration, managed care and absence management.