Proofreader, Transcription Editor
This is not a technical writer or creative writing position
Proofreader (Transcription Editor) | Remote | Full-Time
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search, connecting the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge. As part of our growth strategy, we are developing and improving our transcription services, known as AlphaScribes, for our global business clientele. AlphaScribes refers to AlphaSights’ experienced, high-performing team of transcriptionists and transcription suppliers who provide the company with best-in-class, accurate and timely transcription work.
We’re looking for highly experienced, detail-oriented Transcription Proofreaders to join the AlphaScribes team. By joining our team on a full-time basis, Transcription Proofreaders will have the opportunity to join and shape an elite team from the ground up. As one of our Transcription Proofreaders, your primary responsibility is to ensure that the high transcription quality standards set by AlphaSights are always met. Successful candidates will have an advanced proficiency in business transcription, familiarity working with an intelligent/clean verbatim transcription style for business documentation, across multiple subject matters, and bring a professional and committed work ethic to the job each and every day.
Responsibilities will be comprised of but not limited to:
- Accessing audio and transcript files via the AlphaSights internal platform
- Verifying and correcting the spelling of brands, products, industry terms and company names mentioned in the transcription
- Correcting grammar and spelling in transcript files using MS Word track changes
- Checking transcripts for readability and adherence to the AlphaSights house Style Guide
- Grading each of the reviewed files in accordance with AlphaSights 5-point system, providing grading across seven key categories
- Providing feedback summaries on transcript files
- Escalating any gross violations of Style Guide, unfinished transcripts and major quality lapses to our Quality Assurance Manager, as part of the transcriptionist team evaluation
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven track record and a minimum of 2 years of experience as a full-time editor/proofreader/content quality checker in a business setting
- Superior proofing and editing skills
- Authoritative grammar and spelling skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work effectively within strict production schedule deadlines.
- Degree in English or related subject; or equivalent experience
- Superior knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Above average knowledge of Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Candidates must have excellent oral and flawless written command of English and have access to their own transcription software, such as Express Scribe or similar.