Project Manager- Operations
OPERATIONS & MANUFACTURING – OPERATIONS
Freshly, Incorporated, a rapidly emerging leader in the fully prepared meal, direct to consumer category, is seeking a seasoned, food industry veteran to lead within it’s engineering department. A high energy, professional who has a vision for what is possible will thrive in the rapid growth, fast moving Freshly environment. Opportunities to lead multiple construction/plant build-out projects and process installations are rare in the food industry. This high-profile, high-impact position demands creativity in process design and the application of new technology, discipline, and a unique blend of management skills in effectively leading both internal and external resources. The individual who is driven by pride in their accomplishments and who recognizes a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization at the ground level while executing major capacity expansion projects will find their tenure in this position to be a rewarding stage in their career.
- Deliver construction projects that meet both time and financial guidelines through involved hands-on management.
- Manage fast-paced construction projects with minimal direct supervision
- Participate in the development and administration of annual and 3-year capital plans
- Design manufacturing processes that incorporate emerging equipment technology in developing broad capability, flexibility, and increased capacity of Freshly’s core competency.
- Integrate continuous improvement, capital planning, and design.
- Administer capital budgets that are fully spent and executed with precision and efficiency at the plant level across multiple locations.
- Drive the application/utilization of engineering software tools (CAPX management, project management, machine performance data collection systems, MEP, etc.)
- Develop a performance-based culture, both team and individual, to assure continuous improvement and alignment with enterprise vision, mission and objectives.
- Incorporate industry best practices in food safety/sanitary design and employee safety in both facility and equipment design plans and specifications.
- Implement an environmental infrastructure strategy for all Freshly facilities that meets regulatory compliance standards and which is based on industry best practices.
- Mentor and develop Project Engineer to be placed in the succession plan for Project Manager role
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering or related field required.
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in food manufacturing environment leading process design.
- Minimum 5-8 years (or 1-2 specific projects) of experience leading build-to-suit facilities construction projects (direct responsibility for GC interface) and/or major food plant expansion projects in excess of $10M.
- Formal Project Management Training or certification (PMI, or other).
- Effective communicator both internally across multiple functions and vertically from Executive Leadership Team to production floor, and externally with contractors, equipment manufacturers, etc.
- Strong industry connections with food industry suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
- Possess the leadership, vision, and potential to be placed in the succession plan for a Director of Engineering and VP of Engineering roles