Project Manager II at HNTB
Roadway Project Manager II in Noblesville, Indiana
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Roadway Project Manager II to lead and deliver projects in Indiana. HNTB is celebrating 80 years in Indiana. As one of INDOT’s top design partners, we are growing our road team to continue delivering their program.
The Road Project Manager II will be: Responsible for the leadership and management of team in support of the project’s profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the project’s technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of $5M-$10M.
This position has the availability for a flexible location of our downtown Indianapolis Office, Noblesville Office or remote opportunity.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Managing and leading road design teams in the delivery of complex infrastructure projects.
- Managing project scope, schedule and budget.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring engineering staff.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Pursuing new projects with INDOT.
- Preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs that are responsive to project needs.
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings within assigned task areas.
- Coordinates design development and/or assist in providing technical direction to the scope of projects; provides senior-level technical expertise on road projects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of contracts for construction.
- Develops project design criteria, design calculations, construction details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Supervise, develop, evaluate and assign work to road section staff members.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Coordinates with clients to define work programs and budgets, provide leadership in project planning and strategy including general oversight and planning, project management, project implementation, and ensuring quality of work products.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Project management experience delivering INDOT road projects
- 12+ years of road design experience in civil infrastructure industry
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- Indiana P.E. Certification
- Extensive experience working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative engineering environment
- Experience using road design and analysis software and CAD software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 12 years relevant experience
- 4 years project management experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!