Solutions Architect at Make It All Work
Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
- Position: Solutions Architect
- Type: Full-time employee with flexible hours
- Location: fully remote
- Salary: Competitive with benefits
- Timeline: hiring ASAP to fill replacement, apply immediately to be considered on a rolling basis
Seeking you, if you…
- are a geek for all things web design/development, SEO, analytics, and an assortment of IT troubleshooting
- take pride in being a technical translator between non-technical people (clients) and technical people (developers)
- feel energized by solving problems, navigating unknown technical territory, and being resourceful to find solutions
- love to engage with people and nurture strong relationships with clients and contractors
- go out of your way to communicate in asynchronous team structures and ensure clarity for everyone on next steps, timing, and expectations of deliverables
- are a self-starter and enjoy working remotely with limited supervision – heck, you thrive on it!
Who We Are
Make It All Work is a company that assists businesses and individuals with tech consulting, web design/development, and managed IT services. We’re a team united by our shared values of open communication and getting straight to the point while having fun and enjoying each other’s company along the way.
We’re a small local NYC team with contractors in various countries. We mainly serve customers in the eCommerce and web publishing spaces.
What makes us different:
- We speak tech, but we do it in client-friendly language.
- We’re a consulting agency, but highly value work-life balance.
- We’ll give you freedom to fully own your projects and client relationships.
The Role Logistics
This is a 100% remote position with flexible hours (some overlap with east coast hours is needed).
This role involves more than just management of clients and their projects. It involves many aspects of tech consulting, web design/development consulting, and IT troubleshooting/consulting while working with a large variety of clients. This role calls for a self-starter to take projects from inception to completion while instilling complete trust in the client.
You’ll regularly be taking on new challenges and we promise you will grow, learn, and make a difference.
If you’re a person who is inquisitive by nature and passionate about building and improving digital systems and websites, then you will thrive in this role.
You’ll need to be good at:
- Speaking with customers to understand their pain points and priorities
- Overseeing execution of complex projects
- Analyzing user data to gain insights
- Communicating priorities with stakeholders
- Collaborating with all members of the team
- Ensuring impactful product launches
- You love inspiring others with enthusiasm
- You have a “never say never” attitude
- You have experience working at a tech company and love web design
What you’ll do:
Below is a list of areas where we need your help, in priority order. Bonus if someone has multiple areas of interest. Mega bonus if someone has multiple areas of interest AND experience AND they love what we do and want to grow long-term with us.
- Planning and managing web design and development projects; all while communicating with clients
- Identifying clients’ needs, the scope of work, and goals while ensuring projects are delivered within quality, time, and budget requirements
- Communicating with clients and internal teams ensuring all members are clear on objectives, timelines, and scope of work
- Highlight potential risks or issues before they arise and proactively solve issues
- Conduct SEO, ADA, and web performance audits; work with developers to implement fixes and enhancements
- Train clients on SEO, web publishing best practices, CMS/WordPress usage
- Strategize and implement web solutions to drive e-commerce sales, website subscriptions, page views, SEO/SERP improvements, account sign-ups, etc.
- Manage implementation of third-party web services for eCommerce, publishing, architecture, and design-related websites/clients
- Manage development sprints for timely delivery and proper QA/testing of all changes
- Troubleshoot Mac/PC workstation issues; Mac/PC server file-sharing issues, Windows Terminal Services accounts
- Help grow the company through marketing and sales efforts
- Find and communicate with prospects to secure new clients
Skills that will help you thrive:
- 3+ years of web design/development management experience
- 2+ years of WordPress use and familiarity with various customization options
- Out of the box thinking and creative problem solving to tackle unique challenges that occur on a large variety of digital systems
- A strategic mindset that allows you to understand industry trends and customer needs
- Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be proactive with your communication
- Excel at balancing being thorough and efficient in a 100% remote work environment
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and superior time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, project manage, and self-manage your workload
- Excellent communication skills with high energy and a great attitude
Skills that are nice to have:
- 2+ years conducting SEO audits, identifying and fixing issues
- Comfortable using JIRA, Confluence, Google Analytics, Google Search Console
- Knowledge of digital systems and computer science topics
- General understanding of how SQL databases are structured
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our team and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our team.
Why join us:
Working at Make It All Work can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves what we do and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. There are many benefits that come with working with us such as:
1) Working virtually from anywhere, whenever you want with flexible hours. We will invest in tech/productivity hardware for you as needed – whether that’s a laptop, external monitor, a comfortable desk or chair, a whiteboard, or whatever you need that will help you be productive and feel good doing it.
2) You can expect a competitive salary, paid sick and vacation days, paid holidays, and comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and 3% 401k matching.
3) You’ll work with extraordinary people. Everyone on our team has unique superpowers that are well honed in different areas. If you like working with passionate, communicative, talented, accountable, creative, generous, fun, and ambitious people… that’s us. We also aim to create an environment where everyone’s ideas will be taken seriously and team members are given a sense of ownership within the company.
4) From online courses to conferences and anything else that will help you up your game – we’ll invest in you. We will over train you so that other companies try to steal you because you’re awesome, but create a place where it’s so great to work that you’d never think to leave. We believe there is a ton of potential for growth, both for the company and for you within the company.
Location: US Locations Only