Project Manager at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we assist more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, K-12 schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,200+ employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
A Day in the Life
We are seeking a Project Manager who effectively manages projects by providing concise direction, strong organization, decisive leadership, and implementation oversight. Our teams are a cohesive unit that operates in a proactive working environment. This is a critical position that requires a high level of self-motivation and determination to achieve customer satisfaction and internal objectives.
In this role you’ll
- Direct and manage project development timelines from beginning to end
- Coordinate all activities within the project team to ensure that project tasks are completed on time, including but not limited to scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings, communicating status updates, delivering weekly status reports, communicating with the development team, assuring quality assurance through deployment success.
- Coordinate the requirements gathering process
- Effectively communicate project expectation between all parties in a timely and clear fashion
- Facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Successfully prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Work closely with product owners and management to provide visibility into feature readiness
- Lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Keep product owner and management well informed.
We’re looking for someone who brings:
- Demonstrate professional written and oral communication skills, communicating project related status information effectively and exhibiting active listening skills.
- Identify, analyze, and respond to risks over the course of the project – including minimizing the consequences of adverse events and maximizing the results of positive events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development life cycle processes.
- Collect and analyze project information to determine where the project stands and take corrective action to eliminate negative deviations from the plan.
- 3+ years project management experience or demonstrated project management skills including project planning, project control, and risk management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Agency experience is a plus
We’ll see it as a bonus if you also bring
- BS degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology (IT), Business, education, or related discipline
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels and work in a team atmosphere.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the project management areas of competency, procedures, and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project life cycle processes.
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodology is a plus but not required.
Good People, Doing Good Things:
Employees at Community Brands are techies and volunteers who strive to make the Company a great place to work. We dream big and are motivated to help our customers use the technology we create to improve the world around us. And, we look forward to you being part of our story!
- Flexible Planned Paid Time Off
- Generous Sick Leave
- Casual Environment
- Purpose Driven Culture
- Work-life balance
- Passionate about Community Involvement
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Remote Flexibility
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!